+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    I find it amusing how many mothers that are paid to work post on FB a fair bit most days...just sayin'.

Actually, I AM paid to be on FB and on the 'net - my employers dont mind if I stray off FB here and there seeing that I also monitor it when I'm not at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Actually, I AM paid to be on FB and on the 'net - my employers dont mind if I stray off FB here and there seeing that I also monitor it when I'm not at work.
    Good for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not me.. I have spent WAY too much time on here today!

Luckily the boss hasn't been down to my desk much, but I really should get some work done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    People who wonder what SAHMs do all day - do you also wonder what childcare workers do all day? And Nannies? The lady across the road does Family Day Care. She looks after 3 kids. Do you wonder what she does, or just mums looking after kids?

Being a working mum or a SAHM does not define you, or your parenting. There are good, caring mums who stay home, and good caring mums who work. And I wish people would stop attacking each other over it.
    Actually the job I'm on a break from is running child care centres. Probably why I feel lost because I only have one child and my family to worry about not 90. and for the record I wasn't attacking anyone. I have gone from bing a full time working mummy running one business and building another to not having to work and being at home so I don't feel busy and I do feel lost and wonder what others do all day. We don't do paid activities because we don't have the money for them right now and I'm in a new city and know noone so don't visit friends.
    I do get sick of listening to some people whine constantly and am allowed to say so, the particular issue the op posted about was someone whining about being a SAHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am filling in for a couple of days at work as one of the girls is on holidays - bloody hell - trying to organize DS in the morning , make his meals for the day then attempt to actually put makeup on and even more shocking actually iron my clothes!!!!! Needless to say I arrived at work exactly an hour late, had avocado in my hair and am now hiding behind my desk on bubhub wondering who is hosting play school today trying to avoid answering phones and having to be nice to people!
    I've also decided I deserve an early mark as I have to go home and cook dinner plus they expect me to vacuum before I leave - not bloody likely !( Oh by the way we own the business so in theory I can do what I like!) but my point is i could not cope as a working mum, my hat is off to you all , but we are all different and handle it the best way we can - a mother , whether working or not loves their kids the same - some of us just like to ***** about it!
    I'm going to make a run for it while they are all on the phone, if I'm lucky I'll be home in time to put my PJ,s on and watch bold and the beautiful ( mums not bringing DS home till 6 as she thinks that's when I finish work!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleFi View Post
    I totally agree. I actually find it offensive for someone to say that they would love they "break" of going to work.
    If you think you would love it, give it a try and then you will be in a position to compare!

When I was a SAHM I had a break every day, while my babies took their nap. I could have a hot cuppa then too!
    If you are referring to my post about ME feeling as though work is a little break to my normal sahm routine then yes as I posted above I did try working for a year at one stage it was 53 days straight from 6-6 so do no what work is like and like I said I'm not saying that one is harder then the other they are both just different and id like to experience both and work part time but like some mums can not afford to stay him I can't afford to work. I will say again I'd never complain about staying home I love my boys but a break up of my week to add a bit of work in would be great. And when my youngest is sleeping I have a 4 year old that doesn't sleep to look after and do speech therapy work, a house to clean,exercise to do My 14 month old is very full on so I have to do as much as I can in that time I have to say I do get time when they all go to bed at night to sit down and relax with a cup of tea in bed with dh. Im sorry you find how I feel about ME no one else offensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I was reacting to your post. I find the implication that coming to work is a "break" offensive. That is MY opinion. I'm sure if I said something about how I would love the break of being at home all day, or how when I was a SAHM it was like a holiday compared to when I am at work, you would find that equally offensive.

If you care to check, you will find that this is the Working Parents section. I thought this was a place where I could post about the things that affect me as a Working Parent. I'm sure there are forums for SAHMs too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TwinkleFi For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could argue that alot of sahm's must have perfect babies that only eat and sleep since they appear to be on BH all day.

It works both ways.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Solarberry For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarberry View Post
    You could argue that alot of sahm's must have perfect babies that only eat and sleep since they appear to be on BH all day.

It works both ways.
    I agree. Ridiculous argument. As long as everybody gets done what is needed during the day, why would others care?

Guess it's comforting to know that somebody is so interested in where our time goes.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (05-07-2012),WorkingClassMum  (05-07-2012)

Guest Guest
    I think everyone is bored and has more time then they think. Arguing about who does more or has more time on bubhub and facebook

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

DaddyLarge  (05-07-2012)