+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i'm a SAHM and appreciate that I can everyday (we live on a cattle station so 3hr to drive to a job would be out of the question), but I will be working on the station when I have my 2nd bub due in Oct. I absolutely take my hat off to women like you that do the working plus still being a Mum. Being a stay at home mum is freeken hard work too and sometimes the lonliness and not speaking to the outside world much makes it hard but we can pan our jobs out over the day but when you work your washing, dinner, lunch's, housework etc etc (extremely long list as we all know) doesn't magically get done. After a hard day at work you still have to come home and get all that stuff done. Unfortunately in this day and age not many women can stay at home due to the expensive world we live in so I really feel for the likes of you and on top of that your having to express through all your breaks (your a legend alot of women would resort to bottle feeding as its too hard or impossible). I think we all know someone that winges and no matter what they do they'll find something to winge about. I bet if she was working and then coming home to do everything she'd be winging too. We all choose to start a family knowing that we can either be a SAHM or have to go back to work for financial pressures. Both sides have their downfalls but working makes everything especially as hard. Keep your chin up and I think what you doing for your family is fantastic

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blondi83 For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (05-07-2012),TwinkleFi  (05-07-2012),twotrunks  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think both have their pros and cons. Have done them both too.. As a working mum I kind of hate those stupid stay at home mum sayings that everyone repeats though. You know..
    "Being a stay at home mum is the hardest job in the world." Yes.. being a working mum is just that much easier
    "Stay at home mums get no sick days or holidays." Because as a working MUM I'm entitled to leave and sick days without my kids? What? Firstly its very rare for me to actually use any sick leave for me.. its always for the kids, secondly if I'm sick enough to take a day off my kids stay home because I can't make it out the house. Thirdly, my annual leave is spent with my children.
    Lately I'm fairly tired of the criticism of working mums from stay at home mums who use childcare. By all means, use childcare.. but I think that pretty Much cancels your right to criticize me at all. Since you are now letting someone else help "raise your kids" as any working Mum will have heard.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Blondi83  (05-07-2012),Bunny Lover  (05-07-2012),Sarelou  (05-07-2012),TwinkleFi  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Meh, sorry - but work is a walk in the park (for me) compared to being at home with 4 under 5, it really is, it's like a mini holiday that I get paid for.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

austmum  (05-07-2012),Blueberry Crumble  (05-07-2012),twotrunks  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! Everyone is entitled to feel over it sometimes. I worked for a long time before having kids. I know how the work world works and in my job I was lucky to get a lunch break and be home before 8 . But I will have 3 kids in sept and there is no way I could afford to put them all in childcare and go back to work even if I wanted to. Some SAHM have zero support , zero . 24 hours an day for years and years no break gets you down sometimes. We admire working mums , we all do a great job but let us winge sometime s that we feel we may of lost ourselves, that we have no thinking time , that as much as we LOVE our kids we feel a desperate need to have an hour a day to just be something other than mum. I admire you for working and being a mum full time but don't think all we do is sit and watch tv whilst eating cake and coffee and getting our non existent family support to baby sit regularly . It's just not like that. I could do with extra money but it's just not affordable to go back to work. I appreciate and love my kids but some days I feel really over it and I'm allowed to feel like that. We should all be supporting each other. We are all mums here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This post is in the working parent section and is just a vent from someone who wishes they didn't have to work.. its not a thread about who has it worse.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (05-07-2012),Alimia  (05-07-2012),Bunny Lover  (05-07-2012),Inked Mumma  (06-07-2012),jez  (05-07-2012),JNC_B2012  (05-07-2012),TwinkleFi  (05-07-2012),WorkingClassMum  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And I wonder, those who are *****ing about SAHMs having a whinge, have you been a SAHM too? What were the circumstances etc?

Really - why does everything have to turn into a competition all the time. Your friend is entitled to be over it, just like you are entitled to be over working.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (05-07-2012),Guest654  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH often calls Facebook 'whingebook' because so many posts seem to be a whinge about something or other.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

Blondi83  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hardly think the point of this thread is to debate SAHM'S or working mums or turn it into a competition. Some people ( even friends you love dearly) can be exhausting by whinging about their life constantly whilst others just have a different attitude of 'that's life and we all have hard times and good times'. If you are the latter than it can be draining to be surrounded by whinging all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Good on you. I went back to work full time when DD was just 12 weeks. Lucky for us DH was the director at the child care centre so I knew she was being well looked after. Anyway we have recently sold our house and moved interstate and I'm able to have a break from work. I have had 6 months off but will need to go back in a couple of months before our funds run out completely.
    I have no idea why SAHM's ( some not all) whinge so much. Like you I have a friend who never has to work again but constantly whines about how hard it is, how tired and stressed she is and how she never has time to do anything. After having 6 months off I still have no idea what SAHM'S do all day. Yes there is a bit more cleaning and cooking because you are at home more and yes obviously I am looking after DD and spending time with her but I was still doing all the other jobs when I was working and there is certainly not an extra 8 hours ( plus driving plus getting ready etc) of jobs to do. if anything I think it has made me lazy because I know I don't have to do stuff right now then I dont. I look at the clock at 10am and think ' wow we are not even dressed yet ( because we don't need to be) but of I was working I would have already done a hundred things today.
    You went back to work when your baby was 12 weeks. I found my babies easy at that age.
    You've obviously never been a fulltime SAHM to 2 toddlers

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

austmum  (05-07-2012),Guest1234  (05-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry it's just this comes up under new posts on iPhone and the title just is a bit taunting .... If it was "sick of hearing working mums winge" there would be a few working mums sticking up for themselves .

I truly admire the poster for working and pumping milk.... That's tough . She also has to do the housework , look after kids needs when she gets home and on weekends. I just wanted to say each choice is tough we are all mums 24 hrs a day .