+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Haha yep! I find the assumptions about a lot of things quite odd.

Sahms sit around watching Dr Phil and sipping lattes.
    working mums sit on facebook all day and have their breaks at work
    mums who work at home have their breaks because they work, they get to watch dr phil and they get paid through the nose! Wow, luckiest of the lot!
    Hey I love Dr Phil. And neighbours and home and Away. And dool. The trick is to tape the shows so you can watch them when it suits (breastfeeding, cleaning the kitchen etc).

Not a latte fan, I'd prefer cappuccinos. The trick there is to get a machine for the home and let the hubby become the 'expert' at using it.

Ps I love Facebook too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Haha yep! I find the assumptions about a lot of things quite odd.

Sahms sit around watching Dr Phil and sipping lattes.
    working mums sit on facebook all day and have their breaks at work
    mums who work at home have their breaks because they work, they get to watch dr phil and they get paid through the nose! Wow, luckiest of the lot!
    Lol so true. I was getting asked when I was going back to work when I was working 20 odd hours a week (without putting jasper in daycare) and yes I was sooooo lucky to be able to do that but I had one friend who was a full time sahm with her kids in daycare a couple of days a week tell me I don't know how hard being a mum is. Lol. Cos my 18 month old was just a figment of my imagination clearly but nope that I had the "energy" to work & have no daycare meant I had it easy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I haven't read the posts but I am a sahm and I agree with op that her friend sounds like a whinger!!
    I have done both ... But cc costs after baby2 was born meant it wasn't worth going back after she was born.

When I was working I loved being able to go out for lunch with my gfs and actually eat it ! And being able to pee without an audience! I loathed my boss who was a b!tch who couldn't get it in her head that I was at work to achieve results etc and not just collect a paycheck while I pined for my child all day.

I love being a sahm bu it is tiring being on duty 24/7 and no me time at all ... But i wouldn't change it! I love being able to
    Make plans for any day of the week!!

Can I put a vent out there in the flip side from the op ... My sil complains that she HAS to work 4 days wk and she hates putting her son in cc ... Meanwhile they have been to Fiji twice this year, plus she just got a brand new $60000 car... Her hubby has a 4wd motorbike (all bought in last 12mths) as well as his work supplied car. Grrr you have to work cause you choose to have these things!!!! I think most mums who work aren't like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That's crazy looking after kids when you've worked a night shift. I'd go insane. Is daycare an option?
    Not only that how can you function at an optimum level on the next nights shift, especially in a roll that requires 100% 100% of the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why isn't anyone asking the REAL issue? Why on earth is the OP pumping milk in the toilet! Tell me who you work for and I'll ring and demand an appropriate area for you!!!

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

Abi&Beth  (06-07-2012),beebs  (06-07-2012),Bonkers  (06-07-2012),Boobycino  (06-07-2012),Guest1234  (06-07-2012),headoverfeet  (06-07-2012),Hootenanny  (06-07-2012),jez  (06-07-2012),VicPark  (07-07-2012),Witwicky  (06-07-2012),zombiekitty  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allyouneedislove View Post
    Why isn't anyone asking the REAL issue? Why on earth is the OP pumping milk in the toilet! Tell me who you work for and I'll ring and demand an appropriate area for you!!!
    I missed that actually.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I've been both as well, and to be honest, I whinge and hate whichever one I am doing at the moment. Last year I was whinging because I was a working parent. This year I am whinging because I am a SAHM. You can't win!
    Same here personally!
    I didnt like working, now Im twiddling my thumbs wanting to pop this baby, get fit again, and start working for some extra cash!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    this isnt necessarily aimed at the OP, but at everyone bickering and judging over crap..

I could complain about my situation;

No mode of transport
    Sahm with two boys with special needs
    Relying on one income and a small ammount of gov assistance to pay for their therapies, because i cant work because i cant put my youngest in daycare he does not cope at all, i cant put my eldest in after day care he barely copes with school let alone another place with many kids...
    We only leave the house to grocery shop and go to speech and occupational therapy, and when we do, we face numerous sensory overload meltdowns by both boys. Husbandface is a workaholic and has no time to help at all.

But do i get p155y and bitter towards stay at home mums with their big family cars that go to baby gym, and mothers group lunches, shopping trips just to get out of the house, money for nice things? Who's biggest problem their child is they have a tanty when grocery shopping? Nope! Ive got more important sh1t to worry about.

Seriously get some perspective.

If u want to stay at home with e kids, then do it and accept it can be tedious, boring, and repetitive at times.

If u have to go to work, then u should have accepted that when u decided to have a child. That is your sacrifice!

Wheres some blardy perspective in this place?
    Hugs

I guess the point people miss is that sometimes choices are removed. When choices are taken away, people feel desperate in their situation. Even changing my situation from next week is only shifting my family from a very bad place to a semi bad place. I will work for less than $7/hr before deductions and Centrelink reductions. But it puts us in a slightly better place and paves the way for improvement in another 6 months.

I know what it's like to want to be home with a toddler when you must work. I know what it's like to need money but have no means to work with a special needs child. I know what it's like to enjoy being a sahm, I know what it's like to enjoy being a working mum.

Being given the option to work or stay home, with neither putting undue stress on the family, is a great place to be. But working parents are still parents first and foremost. There is no clocking off from that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Dragon View Post
    OP I though workplaces were obliged to provide for a space & "lactation breaks" for mothers?
    Hmm... I'm actually the OHS co-ordinator at my job.. maybe I should be looking into this! Lols..
    Your one sounds fantastic!

Maybe I was exaggerating a bit, I do get to have a cuppa whenever I need one and my manager is very understanding and flexible. I only work part-time, and I really enjoy my job. I miss my kids when I'm away from them and I would be at home if finances allowed for it, but I also like that I get to do something interesting and contribute to the family budget.

I'm not jealous, bitter, angry or upset, as has been suggested by several posters. I just don't like the suggestion that being a working mother somehow makes all the sleepless nights and screaming tantrums disappear.

I was up five times during the night with an unsettled baby. I still has to drag my sorry butt into work today. If this was one of my days off, I would be in PJs all day today FOR SURE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TwinkleFi For This Useful Post:

Amara  (11-07-2012)