+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to complain about how I wasnt coping as a SAHM and my aunty was so rude and nasty about it. One day I just lost my sh!t at her and she deleted me from FB. lol Everyone has the right to whinge, but dont expect everyone to symphaise.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    this isnt necessarily aimed at the OP, but at everyone bickering and judging over crap..

I could complain about my situation;

No mode of transport
    Sahm with two boys with special needs
    Relying on one income and a small ammount of gov assistance to pay for their therapies, because i cant work because i cant put my youngest in daycare he does not cope at all, i cant put my eldest in after day care he barely copes with school let alone another place with many kids...
    We only leave the house to grocery shop and go to speech and occupational therapy, and when we do, we face numerous sensory overload meltdowns by both boys. Husbandface is a workaholic and has no time to help at all.

But do i get p155y and bitter towards stay at home mums with their big family cars that go to baby gym, and mothers group lunches, shopping trips just to get out of the house, money for nice things? Who's biggest problem their child is they have a tanty when grocery shopping? Nope! Ive got more important sh1t to worry about.

Seriously get some perspective.

If u want to stay at home with e kids, then do it and accept it can be tedious, boring, and repetitive at times.

If u have to go to work, then u should have accepted that when u decided to have a child. That is your sacrifice!

Wheres some blardy perspective in this place?
    Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 06-07-2012 at 15:54.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (06-07-2012),beebs  (06-07-2012),jagamoe  (06-07-2012),MissMuppet  (06-07-2012),NancyBlackett  (06-07-2012),Purple Lily  (06-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (06-07-2012),VicPark  (06-07-2012),waterlily  (06-07-2012),Witwicky  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am fairly new to Bub Hub, and I didn't realise that my post would be as visible as it is, I thought it would just be in the Working Hubbers section for anyone who was looking there.

Now that I look back over it, maybe it is worded a bit harshly.

But as it says in the title, I was just having a vent!

My friend is entitiled to have a whinge, and I have been very supportive of her and will continue to be. It was just a particular thing she said that suggested returning to work is a much easier option than staying at home that bugged me.. Its not nice for someone to hold your lifestyle against theirs and say "I'm making lots of sacrifices for my children, your life is so much easier than mine". She is always so bitter and negative about her kids, I just wish she could have the same joy in her life that I do.So I was annoyed, and wanted to have a whinge of my own. And I thought that posting something in the Working Hubbers section was the way to go, because I am sure there are plenty of mums on here who can relate.

I didn't expect to get such a horrible backlash from all the SAHMs, I didn't even think you guys would be reading this section!
    I didn't think I would find myself on here justifying my reasons for having to return to work. I would never expect another Mum to justify her lifestlye decisions to me (eg, my friend that whines about how hard it is for her to be a SAHM, I would never tell her she should go back to work! Thats her choice.)

So, again, apologies for anyone who feels slighted by my post.
    But don't take it personally. Everyone is making the best of their own circumstances, lets just stop with the competition.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TwinkleFi For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    When I open up from home next week, I will have 2 kids under school age andone of school age. Over the next lot of holidays I have agreed to look after my regular kids plus triplets who will be 2. On 2 of those days I will have 5 under 3 plus my own daughter. Gotta love when people "have to" use daycare to tidy up, but a working mum has to just suck it up. Sure, use daycare, but if it was not an option people would find a way around it.
    Is that within govt ratio's? 6... Sounds like a bleepin handful. Good luck though. I wonder if it will change the perspective on things. Ie when looking after kids as a daycare mum is your job, does that give you permission to focus 100% on the kids and leave house stuff (washing, cooking, cleaning) till after hours?

Either way good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree everyone has the right to have a whinge. After all, we are a country born from the land of the whinging Pom.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Twinkle, i apologise for being a raging cow. Im experiencing an emotional rollercoaster atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol twinklefi, I have a similar person on my facebook. One of her updates was "I love being home with my kids. Such a shame WORKING MUMS can't sacrifice like we do to stay home with their children". She lives at home with her parents and has no bills Trust me, no bills, I would be staying home too!!

I'm happy with my situation, although it's really hard during the week and I'm happy for sahms who are happy with their situation. When I hear that I'm "not sacrificing" is when I get my back up. Most mums sacrifice a lot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

share a book  (08-07-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Oh yes, but when it's used as a "don't complain about YOUR job, try having two toddlers" it's pretty moot comparing apples to oranges. I'm sure it's not always easy!!!
    I don't think I've ever told a parent not to complain about working!! If I complain its purely about me, I wouldn't want to trade for a 9-5 job, no way, I wouldn't trade my life with anyone no matter how annoying my kids are
    I'm actually a wahm and people always comment how my job is easy cause I get to stay home with the kids and still work/make an income. It is, but its also frustrating, hard trying to 2 do both, boring, distracting. But that's life, if I didn't really want to do this I wouldn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I don't think I've ever told a parent not to complain about working!! If I complain its purely about me, I wouldn't want to trade for a 9-5 job, no way, I wouldn't trade my life with anyone no matter how annoying my kids are
    I'm actually a wahm and people always comment how my job is easy cause I get to stay home with the kids and still work/make an income. It is, but its also frustrating, hard trying to 2 do both, boring, distracting. But that's life, if I didn't really want to do this I wouldn't.
    I lasted maybe a couple of months working at home. Every time I got the paperwork out it was like I had invited DS to jump all over me and start nagging for food. That is one thing I can't do with a child who wants constant questions answered etc.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Twinkle, i apologise for being a raging cow. Im experiencing an emotional rollercoaster atm.