+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think when you are a parent of young children (whether you work full time, part time, study or stay home), there are times when it feels really tedious and you can't see past the drudgery, and it's hard not to vent about your situation.

I think it's futile making comparisons as all our situations are slightly different, and we cope with things in different ways. For example, at 30 weeks pregnant and exhausted, I complain about both work and being at home. Really, the only thing I wouldn't complain about right now is if I could spend a week at the beach by myself, lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Benji  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree - just being a parent is hard. On both sides. I was lucky to be able to stay home for DDs first 7&1/2 months & am working full time now.
    It was tough being a SAHM & is tough being a working parent. Just different in some respects.
    OP I though workplaces were obliged to provide for a space & "lactation breaks" for mothers? I take two breaks at work to express (besides lunch) and fortunately have access to a dedicated parents room - quiet little room with cushy reclining chair, fridge, sink, microwave & table that I can use. I also use the time to surf the web (thank you smartphone) whilst I express.
    Still can't go to work in my PJs though after a rough night with DD...pesky dress codes
    Seeing how excited DD gets when I arrive to pick her up from daycare is lovely though - makes you feel like you are doing something right.

I would love to only have to work part-time & spend more time at home with DD. So would DF for that matter. He hates not being able to spend more time with DD.
    I had trouble some days finding time to do chores about the house when I was at home & still have trouble now I'm not. I don't know how single parents or those with multiple kids manage, I really don't. As a PP said - hats off to us all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

TwinkleFi  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I open up from home next week, I will have 2 kids under school age andone of school age. Over the next lot of holidays I have agreed to look after my regular kids plus triplets who will be 2. On 2 of those days I will have 5 under 3 plus my own daughter. Gotta love when people "have to" use daycare to tidy up, but a working mum has to just suck it up. Sure, use daycare, but if it was not an option people would find a way around it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I guess the grass will always be greener. Somebody mentioned earlier "try having two toddlers" well, I would give anything to be able to have a bigger family and be at home to raise young ones. This same person has said crap about my job, knowing nothing about it.

I find motherhood demanding when I have such little time to catch up on things, but I love it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (06-07-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't believe this thread is still going... more kids and more jobs peeps - you all have way to much time on your hands....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (06-07-2012),Eko  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still going... more kids and more jobs peeps - you all have way to much time on your hands....
    I'm trying!!!! Lol these things don't happen overnight!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (06-07-2012),Eko  (06-07-2012)

Guest Guest
    When I complain about being home with my 2 toddlers who really do drive me bat shi!t crazy it doesn't mean I don't want to do it or would trade places with anyone, but it's still hard. Having a whinge is pretty normal, I'm not unappreciative, but they do drive me crazy you know? I can't wait till they start school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    When I complain about being home with my 2 toddlers who really do drive me bat shi!t crazy it doesn't mean I don't want to do it or would trade places with anyone, but it's still hard. Having a whinge is pretty normal, I'm not unappreciative, but they do drive me crazy you know? I can't wait till they start school
    Oh yes, but when it's used as a "don't complain about YOUR job, try having two toddlers" it's pretty moot comparing apples to oranges. I'm sure it's not always easy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, I only read OP, not replies, but personally I would work over being a SAHM anyday! Currently on mat leave, so yes I get paid, but to ME the pros of being at work are so much greater than the cons. I was so relieved to go back after DD. I think your friend is after support, everyone is different in what they want I dont think we need to judge each other. My working friends make no effort with me because apparently it is easier for me to keep up the friendship - admittedly these friends are childless so dont really know any different. Whatim saying, is cut her some slack, it might be a cry for help!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think everyone has the right to vent sometimes, but can understand the OP feeling annoyed if she would love to be at home but can't. The way the post was worded was a bit though, I have to admit it got my defenses up!

I consider myself to be a SAHM, although I actually study part time so have my son in care 2x week (older kids at school). I really enjoyed being a SAHM with DD1, although I did feel intellectually pretty bored and missed adult interaction as we'd moved away from all my friends and support. But it was 'easy'. Not so easy when DD2 came along, but went back to uni when she was 2 and DD1 was 4 and really enjoyed the mix.

When I had DS, the two older kids were at school and being a SAHM has been bliss! But I have to say I have really enjoyed the two days off at uni where I can have lunch in peace in a cafe and uninterrupted adult conversations. I realise work is not that mentally stumulating for many people tho who are in any old job just to pay the bills.