+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Op: i wonder if your Facebook friends are the SAHM's (with no special needs) who hire a cleaner and put their kids in daycare. I'd get peed off at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WCM- thanks
    Alphabet- hang on, I get what you are saying but the OP posted in the relevant area. Reply to it if you don't agree but understand it is her right and don't harp on about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Op: i wonder if your Facebook friends are the SAHM's (with no special needs) who hire a cleaner and put their kids in daycare. I'd get peed off at that.
    LOL this reminds me of that movie.. i don't know how she does it.. Busy Phillips character.. LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm about to become a daycare mum, so no breaks, paid or unpaid, and even if dd has been up all night and is sick so home from school, I will still have to work. Provided it isn't contageous. Just like other times in centre-based employment, if she was sick she came with me if it was from gluten or asthma or anything non-contageous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting back to the actual post...

OP... If you fb friend is just an acquaintance the unfriend her. It's really irritating to see her posts if she's not even a good friend.

If she is a friend then just hide her posts for a while. You can then open fb safe that you can avoid her crap. You might find that you can tolerate her posts in a week or a month or maybe by Xmas

(I did the same to a good friend who always boasted about the 14 hours' sleep her baby did every night! Mine never slept more than four hours straight if I was lucky. I unhid her posts when DS decided to wake me only once or twice a night!)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (06-07-2012),TwinkleFi  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    For some of us unfortunates work is not a break.... The mere mention of a tea break, toilet break etc often ensures a patient will have a cardiac arrest, go psychotic, a new ambulance will arrive etc etc. some jobs arent a break but are an income that you can't live without. If people want to whinge about how hard it is to be a SAHM come to my emergency department.... Work a 10 hour night shift then go home to 2 under 2 for the day who are too naughty to agree to sleeping for the whole day instead I get to do all the mummy stuff on an hours sleep in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon (if both girls sleep). I then pray my husband gets home early 5ish so I can sneak off to bed til 8:45 when I leave for work all over again.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh I need a holiday. (no I'm not posting from work I'm home with a sick child)
    That's crazy looking after kids when you've worked a night shift. I'd go insane. Is daycare an option?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I love the connotations that we get holidays and sick days. Our sick days are for when our kids are sick or injured not when we are. Our holidays are with our kids, being parents.
    That's it, not many mums at all get true breaks whether they are sahm or working. I really dislike the connotation that working mums don't deserve better because our 'break' is work. My work is boring. My breaks are when DP takes me away, or when he takes DS so I can go out...like I'm going today

I'm on holiday now and, yep, I consider myself sahm for these 2 weeks. I love it!

I consider myself lucky, very lucky, that I have a DP who allows plenty of REAL breaks for me. I am at a time in my life where I simply wouldn't cope without them. That doesn't mean that despite my boring job where I spend most of the day staring at the clock that motherhood isn't demanding for me. I have a grand total of about 4 hours a day in which I have to prepare breakfasts, lunches, pack bags, help with hmework, organise bath, prepare dinners, wash laundry, clean up, tuck him in... I get maybe half an hour to myself in the evenings on weekdays if I'm lucky. But I love my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    So what if she is?! It doesn't make her a worse mum than anyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love being at home..really is easy I feel..

Going to parks..having lunch out..not rushing to do anything..I only have one child (3 yrs)..maybe if I had loads of kids it would be different ..

I don't want to ever have to go to work!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah that's the thing maybelline, we've got one child. It's a breeze being home with them! That doesn't make the role of raising them less important but sometimes I think we all bicker over "who has it tougher" (although I think I have it pretty good) depending on who works or who is a sahm. Truth is every situation is different.

I can't say I have it harder than a nurse who has two children when I work 8-5 and only have one.

I don't think I have it harder than a sahm with three very young children.

I don't think I have it harder than my friend who works a similar job to me but throw a baby into the mix.

For me, being a sahm just wouldn't be viable. My DS is in school mon-fri and I would be bored out of my mind. I can't expect DP to provide for us when I stay at home doing zero all day.

Every situation is different.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (06-07-2012)