+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am a Sahm but only because I can't get a job. I have been having interviews etc like crazy for 6 months but something isn't going my way. Right now we scrape by and I just can't get one.

So Im studying and a Sahm. I don't spend all day in pjs, i have whines now and then, I work my butt off being a Sahm and studying. But my dp doesn't get it and I feel appreciated and crap.

I know it can be frustrating but just because you find being a Sahm easier than working that doesn't mean someone else doesn't feel that working is easier.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    well i am going deaf and cannot get a job and everytime you whinge about yours, i am reminded of my deafness!

hhaha how silly to compare. far out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleFi View Post
    Yes, I was reacting to your post. I find the implication that coming to work is a "break" offensive. That is MY opinion. I'm sure if I said something about how I would love the break of being at home all day, or how when I was a SAHM it was like a holiday compared to when I am at work, you would find that equally offensive.

If you care to check, you will find that this is the Working Parents section. I thought this was a place where I could post about the things that affect me as a Working Parent. I'm sure there are forums for SAHMs too
    You can say that if that is how YOU feel and I'm in no way offended as sometimes when the older 2 are at school and ds3 is sleeping that is how I feel and feel very blessed to have that break. Working would give ME a different kind of break get me out of the house and into something different. See I have put you and me in different letters as to say we both think different and that's ok I'm not judging or trying to offend you with what I want to do do with my life but can't as I'm not qualified so can only get a job at Coles or something then with what I'll loose in ftbs, childcare and the fact our small town and towns around mine doesn't do after school care anywhere so will have limited hrs i would loose money and can't afford that at the moment. I feel I keep repeating myself and I am sorry I replied in here as I'm on my phone and didn't see what section it was and certainly didn't no that I couldn't write in here certainly not to say anything against working mums as I think it's great they get the chance to juggle both mothering and working BUT the respond to someone saying us sahm get to choose whether we want to stay on or work which in mine and many other peoples cases it is not true.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    at the end of the day, the OP has posted in the relevant area having a relevant winge. YES i know, the grass is always greener etc but its not about that! It's about the OP letting off steam, FAR OUT! I reckon we should just close this thread, it is completely pointless now. YES we are all mums whether we work at a paying job or at home we are all working our arses off etc etc.. blah blah, wah wah.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The OP came onto a parenting forum, into the Working Parents Section and had a vent about a perfectly understandable situation that was annoying her.

She does get to say what she did in this forum section

She didn't have a go at SAHM's, she had a vent about ONE person who whines about being a SAHM.

Please do not try to say she can't have a vent in this forum about this. Even if her vent is illogical so long as its not offensive she gets to have that whinge or a vent.

She didn't say her friend couldn't have a whinge, she said that her friends constant whining about being a SAHM was upsetting her. Kudos to the op for not attacking her friend, going onto her friends wall or posting on FB something she knows will upset her friend. Maybe all he op needed was for someone to say that they understand and give her a cyber hug.

ETA 'SNAP!' hopefulmama2b
    Last edited by WorkingClassMum; 06-07-2012 at 09:17.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (06-07-2012),TwinkleFi  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if anyone posts about something like this, they need to be prepared for the backlash! We all know that these threads end up going in the same direction, people get upset and offended, etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but if I ever wanted to whine about something like this, I would go to a friend who would understand. NOT a public forum which is full of the very same type of people I am whining about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isn't the FB mum entitled to her vent as well then? These threads are boring and insensitive no matter what section they are in. BH is for mothers to support each other no matter what situation they find themselves in. It would be best to see the vent for what it is and move on. Now what ever happened to the pumpkin patch wearing cat?
    Last edited by Bin13; 06-07-2012 at 09:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes yes everyone is entitled to a whinge... I've been both and believe me I have whined at being both a sahm and a working mum

Although I think the title of this thread was a bit misleading, if it read sick of my 'friend' instead of 'sahm' it may have not elicited the same replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabetsoup View Post
    I think if anyone posts about something like this, they need to be prepared for the backlash! We all know that these threads end up going in the same direction, people get upset and offended, etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but if I ever wanted to whine about something like this, I would go to a friend who would understand. NOT a public forum which is full of the very same type of people I am whining about!
    She is not venting about a type of person, she is venting about one person

And yes she is entitled to vent about this type of thing in this forum without backlash

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love the connotations that we get holidays and sick days. Our sick days are for when our kids are sick or injured not when we are. Our holidays are with our kids, being parents.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (06-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (06-07-2012),WorkingClassMum  (06-07-2012)