+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it's the time to be getting offended and focusing on how hard it is for you. Try and focus on being there for each other as a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry that you have had such distressing news. It is horrible when you get news like this so I know how you feel.

Maybe he was in a place where he couldn't spend the time to call and a text is all he could do? After all it is his mum and maybe is is really upset and a text is all he can manage?

Honestly if I was you I would call and see if he is ok rather then be annoyed that you got a text rather then a phone call.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be annoyed at first too, especially because it didn't seem so serious in the first place. But then I"d be on the phone to my Dad to ask whats happening and getting things organised so I can go and be there.

Lots of Not a nice thing to happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to him on the phone and now I am extra annoyed with him.
    They're taking her feeding tube out and can't actually say whether she will pass away or not.

I can't get there until Friday night because I'm having my morph scan early Friday morning so I'll go down then.

I didn't mention to him that I would have preferred a phone call as I know I'm probably just being emotional and pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that now is the time to support him not upset him, he is about to loose his mother and people deal with it different ways. I would not add to his sorrow by ignoring this . Don't let this damage your relationship with your father , he is grieving .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

Izy  (09-07-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear this, big to you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you are going thru this. I would think its because he would find it hard to say in person without becoming to distraught.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be upset!

My il's sent dh a text msg informing him that his poppy had died. I woulda thought that would definitely warrant a phone all as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    I think that now is the time to support him not upset him, he is about to loose his mother and people deal with it different ways. I would not add to his sorrow by ignoring this . Don't let this damage your relationship with your father , he is grieving .
    ^^ this.

He's grieving.. and losing a parent despite their age or circumstance is so sad and traumatic. He's dealing with it the best way he knows how. I think you need to be there for him and get to him ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    by the sound of it he is hurting and found it too hard to actually talk. He may have sent the message to several people because news like this is something that can be very hard to say over and over. dont take it to heart, it was probably a massive shock to learn he is going to lose his mum. He may have felt like he couldnt get the words out and if he started crying he may not have been able to stop.

maybe he could have sent a message explaining it was too hrd to talkand that he had some bad news but really when you hear that kind of news and know you have to tell other people, you dont really think of that sort of thing. it really does sound like he is repeating someone elses words as well.

dont be too upsetabout them taking the feedin tube out before your ready. Being told to chose to turn life support off or life prolonging measures off is a tough decision and when you make it the Dr's do tend to push it along so he probably is on auto pilot not really thinking about ettiquitte.