+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation bleeding

Hi all,

I'm new here, but have been reading the forums for about a month now. Here's a bit of background on me: I went off the pill in mid-November last year and my DH and I started TTC in mid-December. Since this time I've only had two periods. My first cycle was over 5 months and my second was 45 days. I am currently on cd46. About 50 days ago I started taking fertility herbs (as recommended by my doctor, who was willing to send me to a FS but we both thought that it would be better to try this for a while to try and get my cycles back to normal). I'm taking a mixture of chasteberry, dong quai and licorice root. Not knowing where I am in my cycle is driving me crazy. It is like an eternal TWW, because the only times I have been 100% certain that I'm not pregnant during the last 7 months has been during my two periods and just after.

To add to the craziness, for the last 7 days I have been spotting. On cd34 and 38 I experienced what I think was ewcm and also felt quite 'flirty'. Last Friday (cd40) I had a small amount of browny pink blood in my undies. Saturday I had brown/pink tinged cm. Sunday I had no blood but mild cramping. Mild cramping continued Monday, but no blood until the evening when I got a small amount of darkish blood on my undies and assumed my period was starting. On Tuesday there was pretty much no spotting and the cramps had pretty much subsided. On Wednesday I had brown-tinged cm when I wiped and my mild cramping came back. This morning there has been no spotting yet, but I've been having mild cramping. What is going on?!?!?!

My normal period lasts 7 days, both on and off the pill. Since going off the pill I have had no period pain, whereas when I was on the pill I had quite bad cramps. I have never had spotting like this, and 7 days of spotting seems quite a lot if it was leading up to a period. Does this sound like implantation bleeding to anyone? If so, when should I test? I'm thinking tomorrow or Saturday. I'm feeling very hopeful, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up, because last time I did I ended up pretty upset.

Also, over the last 10-12 days I have been weaning off my herbs (because they're running out) e.g. was taking 5mL/day, then cut back to 3mL, then 2 mL etc. I'm still taking 1.5mL a day. My naturopath said this wasn't necessary, but wouldn't hurt either. Could this cause spotting? If I find out I'm not pregnant, I'm going to start taking Vitex in tablet form.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and I apologise for the very long post!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow it's taking your body ages to get over the pill. It could be implantation spotting. Some people get spotting throughout pregnancy also. Maybe do a test and find out. If you aren't pregnant, it might be worth using OPKs to pin point when you are ovulating. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be implantation?! Did you always have irregular periods even before you started taking the pill? 5 months for one cycle is a long time- it must be frustrating.. Did the herbs give you a more regular pattern? Sorry I'm asking more questions than I'm answering!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies ladies. I started on the pill when I was 16. I never kept track of my cycles, but I know they were roughly a month long because at the time I was jealous of a friend who only had to have hers once every three months (it's funny how much you don't understand when you're a teenager and how much your perspective changes).I have been using OPKs everyday for over a month now. I use them at about 4pm and always get various shades of negative lines. This is so frustrating. I got a BFN yesterday, but perhaps still too early. Most likely my body has just decided to mess with my head even more and I'm not pregnant grr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and the herbs have done nothing yet. I got my last period 2 days after I started the herbs (obviously a coincidence) and haven't had one since. If I'm not pregnant I'll just keep trying with vitex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in a similar boat. AF due today however was bleeding Wednesday and Thursday, so wondering if AF just early or implantation bleeding. Approx 10dpo when it started. Waiting to see if AF comes back, if not will test. Does this sound normal. Cycle has been around 30 days for past three months. Thanks ladies any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    I'm in a similar boat. AF due today however was bleeding Wednesday and Thursday, so wondering if AF just early or implantation bleeding. Approx 10dpo when it started. Waiting to see if AF comes back, if not will test. Does this sound normal. Cycle has been around 30 days for past three months. Thanks ladies any help is appreciated.
    This sounds exactly like me! For 3 days now I have had a spot of blood in the mornin and then nothing, not even a hint for the rest of the day!! AF is due in 3 days for me. According the to chart on baby med implantation would of been on the 5th exactly when the spotting started!! Arrehhhhhh so confusing!!
    Fx for u

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

MissFaery  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a hpt today BFN must I'd just been AF early. Hope u have more luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    I did a hpt today BFN must I'd just been AF early. Hope u have more luck x
    Good luck next month missfaery!
    I didn't have anymore spotting today and did a hpt but was negative it was 9dpo today and on calendar day 27 today I feel terrible and queezy and now sore boobs!! Cycle is normally 29-31 days so I will wait and see what Tuesday brings!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fx for you!