+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Course to make and sell skincare products??

The last few years I've been making my own natural skincare products and I absolutely love it.
    I'm looking at getting serious about my products and to start selling them. But I thought I should get formal qualifications.
    I can't find any courses in this field.
    Does anyone know of a suitable course?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would call your local tafe and talk to a careers adviser

Thanks
    Reviews
    there a great online correspondence one thats a simple one to get you confident with your perservatives effectiveness and bacteria testing its soapconcious.com u should check it out!! ive never tried it cause its too expensive for me but it looks lika simple way to get started. theres also western medicine for a clinical type qualification were youll learn about herbs etc, or theres aromatherapy for the essential oils and how they blend etc give me a buzz if you wanna get together and create, im a huge fan of making my own stuff too

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I don't know if any courses but something to consider would be any applicable standards that you have to comply with in order to sell skin care products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    See the people at New Directions. They have workshops that will assist you in becoming familiar with all of the legislation pertaining to selling your product as well as compulsory testing, labelling and distribution requirements.

The course you look for is often found as a subject in design, food science and agribusiness courses. You don't need formal qualifications to do what you do but if you want to sell them then your product must meet the legal standard which not only involves the product itself but also how you sell it, the insurance you have to have etc. It's an expensive task. But New Directions will help you get there.