+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister only just stopped this and she's turning 10!!! Best to break the habit early I think lol!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to liss88 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 year old comes in occasionally in the middle of the night but mostly sleeps through in her own bed now. Her choice! She seems to sleep a lot better. She never co slept full time but went through periods where she would spend a few nights In a row with us from midnight until the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks all. DS will be 3 soon and he is just starting to come into our bed. First it was around 5am, then 3am and last night it was 11pm. I used to try and encourage him to go back to bed, but lately he will just cry and cry for me and to be in "mummy's bed".
    I actually enjoy having him there and so does dh, but why do I feel like it is the wrong thing to do? Should I be insisting that he stays his own bed? Is it western society that makes us feel like it us not normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you don't have a problem with it, then it's not a problem.
    The only reason i encourage my DD to stay in her own bed is i don't get a decent sleep as she pokes/kicks me and it was affecting my mood/mental well being as i was never getting any space to myself (as i was with my kids all day, then all night too). Otherwise i would be happy for her to stay in my bed - i don't feel it's wrong if everyone is happy with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine all stopped around 2 yrs with the rare I am cold, had nightmare etc... from there on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha I spoke too soon. Had a little visitor last night from 12 till 1 and again at 5.45am. Love it though!!