+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need help for this weekend!

Ok so we have down next to nothing through the holidays so we have to get out this weekend!

Im thinking stradbroke is, moreton is, fraser is....

But what are thing we can see and do there?

I havent been since a very young age so i have no idea what there is to do.

Theres two adults and two kids under 7.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bumping for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brothers up that way, i'll text him and ask and get back to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I can only comment on moreton island as I've spent many, many holidays there. Always in summer though..
    We always played archery, boulle, tennis, went swimming, kayaking, played on the beach.
    The blue lagoon is beautiful and the lighthouse.
    We did everything through Tangalooma resort but if you're just going over yourself the shipwrecks are cool to look at.
    Maybe google it to have a look?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tadpoles- yes when i had a look on the internet it was very much summer based activities

And thankyou to the other to posters.

Maybe i will have to skip the islands if theres nothing suitable.

If anyone has any ideas for sunshine coast down to just under beerwah then please let me know.

Oh il just mention that we know of underwater world, aus zoo, alma park zoo.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if you're north or south of beerwah but there's that pub that has kids rides etc. Also at mapleton/maleny you can watch lollies and chocolate getting made and then have a sample. Last hols they also had some markets on the weekend with kids craft. There's also a waterfall near there and you can take a nice stroll there and have a picnic lunch without swimming. SD was 6 when we did this and loved it.

If you only wanted to go up as far as beerwah then I'm sorry my suggestions were pointless haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can go strawberry picking at the farms near ettamogah pub - kids love that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    I don't know if you're north or south of beerwah but there's that pub that has kids rides etc. Also at mapleton/maleny you can watch lollies and chocolate getting made and then have a sample. Last hols they also had some markets on the weekend with kids craft. There's also a waterfall near there and you can take a nice stroll there and have a picnic lunch without swimming. SD was 6 when we did this and loved it.

If you only wanted to go up as far as beerwah then I'm sorry my suggestions were pointless haha.
    No those are perfect! Do you know what the lollie & choc place is called?

And any directions or addy/name for the waterfall?

We have never been to mapleton/maleny before so i have no idea about these places.

Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry had to wait for DH to get home as I don't remember names of places!

Google Kondalila National Park, it has directions for the waterfalls. (It automatically comes up on our GPS).

The lolly shop is Candy Addiction and is at 183 Main St, Montville. The choc shop was a few shops further along (we can't remember the name - they had lots of different fudges there too).

DH also reminded me that on MainSt there was an art gallery that let the kids paint too. Not sure of that is something they always do or just sometimes.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Sorry had to wait for DH to get home as I don't remember names of places!

Google Kondalila National Park, it has directions for the waterfalls. (It automatically comes up on our GPS).

The lolly shop is Candy Addiction and is at 183 Main St, Montville. The choc shop was a few shops further along (we can't remember the name - they had lots of different fudges there too).

DH also reminded me that on MainSt there was an art gallery that let the kids paint too. Not sure of that is something they always do or just sometimes.

Good luck and have fun!
    Thanks so much!

Those are excatly the kinds of things we were looking for!

Kids will love the waterfall idea!