+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 34 weeks pregnant and newly single

Hi All,
    Thought i would introduce myself. I am Kate, 34 weeks pregnant,and my husband has in the last few weeks decided he no longer wants to be married to me (but still wants to be actively involved in our sons life when he is born). Have just relocated to NSW to live with family during this time.

Thought this would be a good place to meet people in a similar situation!

Thanks!

Kate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate,
    I'm not in a similar situation but just wanted to say stay strong. I cant imagine what you must be feeling.

I hope you have lots if loving supportive people around you. You will also find lots here.

Wishing you well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kate. Congratulations on the wee one.

Sorry to hear your dodgy ex husband is so dodgy. Hope you are doing okay where you are.

Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on the bubs!

I'm 33 weeks PG and simply can't imagine how hard things have been for you.

It's great you've got family support - where abouts in NSW are you based?

Do you have a hospital and new Dr. sorted?

Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys!
    Thanks for the welcome!! Great to hear from you!!
    Its good to be home with family. I count myself lucky that although i am going through a rough time, i at least have my family, so i am in a luckier place than i could be!!

Have finally started buying things for the baby - bought a pram and bassinet, so slowly getting there!! trying to focus on happy things like getting ready for the baby, rather than the sad side! I have so much unpacking to do of all my stuff from VIC, but its too depressing, so leaving it for the moment as there is no huge hurry!

bebehvala - congrats on the pregnancy! How has it been going so far? I am just near bondi. Are you in NSW also?
    Am booked in to have the baby at the Womens Hospital in Randwick, through the midwives, have my first appointment with them this week, which will be nice to meet them and see what the hospital is like!

Kate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Kate - congrats on your little one due soon!

I was in exactly your position 2 years ago. Please pm me if you want some support from someone who's been there xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSc View Post
    Hi Guys!
    Thanks for the welcome!! Great to hear from you!!
    Its good to be home with family. I count myself lucky that although i am going through a rough time, i at least have my family, so i am in a luckier place than i could be!!

Have finally started buying things for the baby - bought a pram and bassinet, so slowly getting there!! trying to focus on happy things like getting ready for the baby, rather than the sad side! I have so much unpacking to do of all my stuff from VIC, but its too depressing, so leaving it for the moment as there is no huge hurry!

bebehvala - congrats on the pregnancy! How has it been going so far? I am just near bondi. Are you in NSW also?
    Am booked in to have the baby at the Womens Hospital in Randwick, through the midwives, have my first appointment with them this week, which will be nice to meet them and see what the hospital is like!

Kate
    Glad you've settled with a hospital and have appointments sorted - thats a weight off. I have heard good things about Randwick - let us know how you get on there.

Family / support network is super important when things go array. So it's nice to read you have that - and it seems like you have a great attitude too

Yup, I'm in NSW, but in the West!
    Going to Norwest Private in Bella Vista.

I'd leave the unpacking, and just enjoy the shopping part too - there are some great sales ATM!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi....sorry to hear u are alone in this birth here is hoping that you and your wonderful newborn have the best life together....you know I know you probably dont want to even think of it yet...but I am sure in time that you will be meet a wonderful man whom you shall probably even have more children with...and be so happy..... hold your head up high....