Closed Thread
Page 21 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Ok so I have no idea when it comes to cervix stuff? Can anyone fill me in?? X
    Im going to do some research now cause I am curious of this also ill post back what I find

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    LuvBug - I think I'll definitely be using opks next month. Not knowing is killer on our sex life, because I feel like it's ALWAYS a chore and we're doing it because we have to. I prefer to just do it because we enjoy it lol. As for the logistics I know 100% more than I did when I fell pregnant with DS!

Like for example, I didn't know until recently that sperm needs to be in the female reproductive system for up to 10 hours before it's mature enough to fertilise the egg. Which means dtd on O day is NOT the optimal day, it's 12-24 hours BEFORE you O. Makes sense, I just thought sperm was mature when it came out!
    WOW, I did not know that... so why do they say that BD'ing on O day gives you a higher chance of a boy and how does the +12 hours thing work. All very technical and confusing. We BD'd 24 hours before and on O day so FX we also timed it right this month.

FX for you Eko, I really hope this is your month!

pinkorblue ~ LOL... don't forget 5 star jumps in the morning on your head!

MummaJez ~ from what I understand, if your cervix is high, soft and open you are fertile. I check mine every night in the shower and only now (after a few months) do I know that what I am feeling is my cervix LOL! Google it, its very interested and can tell you a lot about how fertile you are. Its also good to do the internal check as you can get a good sample of CM

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LuvBug For This Useful Post:

pinkorblue  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    "During the course of your
    menstrual cycle
    you can track changes in the
    position of your cervix
    by how it feels to the touch. Your cervix is the neck of your uterus (womb), and you can feel it within your vagina.

As you approach
    ovulation
    your cervix becomes soft, high, open and wet (SHOW). After
    ovulation
    these signs reverse, and your cervix becomes firm, low, closed and dry. It may sound easy to monitor, but you're probably not used to touching your cervix, or knowing what a soft cervix feels like.

You may want to combine checking your cervix with monitoring other signs of ovulation, such as changes in your
    cervical mucus
    . In the days leading up to ovulation you'll notice increasing amounts of
    clear and slippery mucus
    , which is very hospitable to sp3rm. The mucus looks and feels a bit like raw egg white when you're fertile.

Become more familiar with the feel of your cervix by checking its position once your cervical mucus becomes wet and slippery. Insert your clean, middle finger into your vagina up to at least your middle knuckle, or even further. See how it feels, and then continue checking it for about five days.

Just before you ovulate you should feel an abrupt change, when your cervix will feel the same as when you touch your lips. After ovulation, your cervix will feel harder, like the tip of your nose.

Checking your cervix alone is not a very accurate way to predict ovulation. You could monitor your cervical mucus and also chart your
    basal body temperature
    (BBT). Charting your BBT involves recording your waking temperature at the same time every day, or after at least three hours of uninterrupted sleep.

If you combine BBT with looking for changes in cervical mucus throughout your cycle, it will take two months to three months before you can predict ovulation.

Ovulation predictor kits
    may be an easier, quicker and more accurate way of
    predicting ovulation
    than charting every day. However,
    OPKs
    may not work as well if you have an irregular cycle.

You're most likely to conceive if you
    have s3x
    in the two days just before ovulation. However
    timing intercourse
    so exactly isn't necessarily the best approach. Most experts advise that you should try to have regular s3x throughout your cycle to increase your chances of conception."
    sorry if this is in any way graphic or have missed any of the naughty words. i cut and paste. this is what i have found so far, hope it helps some what ill keep looking for something a little moreday to day?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, soft high open and wet is what you want. You're cervix being 'SHOW' means that sometime soon (or just recently) you've Od. It's not 100% accurate though because everyone's cervix is different and will do different things at different times.
    http://www.beautifulcervix.com/ This site is VERY good at explaining it all, although be aware there are pictures of women's cervixes (cervi? lol) at different stages including menstruation, so be warned it's a bit graphic. But it really is a great way to get to know your cervix .

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug View Post
    WOW, I did not know that... so why do they say that BD'ing on O day gives you a higher chance of a boy and how does the +12 hours thing work. All very technical and confusing. We BD'd 24 hours before and on O day so FX we also timed it right this month.
    Yeah I had no idea either! I think the bding on O day gives you a higher chance because it takes up to 10 hours to mature. I'm not sure what the average is, but it could be lower than that.
    So my guess is that if the sperm is mature in 4 hours, and your egg is released in 6, there's still a lot of good healthy male sperm alive. I guess the idea is that the further out from O you are, the more chance that the weaker male sperm has died off. So it doesn't really increase your chances of having boys as much as level the playing field.
    If you want a girl you actually literally increase your chance of having one by dtd earlier because there's more chance that more of the weaker male sperm will have died when the egg has burst.

As for the +12 hours bizzo, I honestly have NO idea how that's supposed to work *chuckle*. Or even if it does. I'm not sure if there have been any scientific testing in regards to that yet but I haven't seen any. Might go check out ingender.com, they usually have a lot of great science-y links ^.^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for all the cervix information. I've seen it mentioned on here, but had no idea about what you were checking for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Physically impossible at this early stage luvbug, but thanks for positive thoughts! Only just had my implanon removed Monday, having said that, this cycle looks like its already started, due to having had a full fledged af! Started Sunday evening, and then became real with the rod gone. Pretty good timing if I do say so myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hectic stuff Eko... so weird looking a what a cervix looks like, guess it makes it easier to know what you are feeling for. Thanks for the info...

Well I am desperate to have a little girl but did not want to time anything and rather let the big man upstairs decide what is right for our little family. I know that I will be thrilled with either but just feel I am meant to have a little lady in my life. Right now I am just hopeful I get a BFP this month... how was it so easy with DS and now so much harder!!!

Do you ladies think that being sick during O and in your TWW would have an impact on your chances conceiving? My last 2 cycles I was sick both times right after O and during my TWW. I didn't take any med's but I did wonder if this could make an impact as my body would have been run down!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug View Post
    Do you ladies think that being sick during O and in your TWW would have an impact on your chances conceiving? My last 2 cycles I was sick both times right after O and during my TWW. I didn't take any med's but I did wonder if this could make an impact as my body would have been run down!
    I don't think so, I think most times being sick won't really do much unless it means you don't release an egg. If you'd already released, then being sick won't stop the swimmers from meeting your egg, nor the egg traveling and implanting.
    You should be good

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

LuvBug  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks for the cervix info! Very interesting!

I have lots of ewcm but never really felt the cervix. Will have to look out for it next month!

What is it supposed to be like when UTD??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Hope it's ok to join. Seems I there with lilsmurfy and luvbug..... O'd yesterday I think, DTD each day since Sunday, so hoping we caught the egg. It's my bday on 31st so I won't b testing till 2nd or 3rd august.
    Good luck to all.
    And great info ladies, thanks so much