+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Inconsiderate neighbors - vent

I am so upset tired and angry I just need to vent to anyone and maybe see how other people may Handel this.

I live in a group of 6 units with a driveway down the middle. I am on the very end but we have some very inconsiderate neighbors opposite.

One of the ladies will come home frequently during the day and race in the driveway ( like 30kph) then stop and beep her horn 3 or 4 times to get whoever is inside to open their automatic garage door so she dosnt have to get out of her car.

It always seems to happen when my DD is asleep and always wakes her. She has also been sick for a week now and I feel like my eyes are falling out of my head I am so tired and this lady keeps beeping and waking DD.

This has been happening since Jan and my DP has gone over there to ask them not to 4 times and we have also complained to the estate agent and they have said they have also called them to ask them to stop.

One day she say in her car and beeped for 5 minutes before getting out of her car and going to open the garage door herself.

I don't want to confront her myself as I know I will just cry and I don't want to do that infront of her.

How would you deal with this ? Is it just something I need to get over?

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    hmm not sure how much you can do about that - since its during the day .. and not outside noise limitation hours.

I guess the next step might be to contact the real estate in writing? Have you checked with any other neighbours? does it annoy them?

We get constant noise in our street - and ages ago I rang the police regarding a party ... but that was at night .. and I had a newborn .. I was desperately trying to sleep.

Its hard because unless you have a baby at the time, you dont really think about your own noise levels during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Man, bad neighbours SUCK! As frustrating as it is, I think dealing with it via the formal route (through the rental agency) is probably the best course of action. I also think you should work on steeling yourself to approach her yourself - I think it'd be pretty convincing coming from a tired, harried mother (make sure you lay it on nice n' thick!). Mind you, it would be a lot more satisfying to do something like slash her tyres! (Kidding, kidding...) Seriously though, don't do anything crazy - the last thing you want is for things to get nasty with your neighbours. You also don't want to give her any fodder/material to use against you.

Hey, I just remembered something - isn't there a website where you can 'name and shame' your bad neighbours? Probably not quite warranted in this case, but maybe reading about other bad neighbours would make you feel better...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That would upset me. A LOT. Especially considering your DP and the real estate have asked her not to.

I would consider dropping a note in their mailbox, not an aggressive letter, just letting her know how much it's upsetting you and that it's waking your baby.

If it's an automatic door, she should be able to get a remote to open it with? If she is a renter, maybe you could ask the real estate about providing her with a remote? Hell, if I was in that situation I'd probably consider buying the bish a remote myself to retain some freakin' sanity!

I hope a solution can be reached, it stinks that there are people in the world who carry on like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply. I haven't spoken to other neighbors but I might. I get that people without kids sometimes don't get it but It's not what I think about when I have a sick kid crying just as it wouldn't be on their mind when they are popping home from work etc. just needed to get it out more than anything thanks for taking the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seashanty - I have considered the tires lol however I am too much if a pansy to ever be able to do it I will try and speak to her myself but need to calm down first

Moosie - I actually am getting the garage door people around this week to fix mine so might ask about buying another beeper for them. $20 or $30 bucks is nothing compared to just getting DD to have a decent day sleep.
    Thanks for that guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I'm too much of a wuss myself. I talk a good game but I'm mostly all bluff and bluster

And I'm with Moosie - that's a really good suggestion.

And while I think of it, God some people are lazy! I've never had a garage door opener - woman, either get your door fixed or get off your ar$e and open it yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh you so patient (sp??) baby brain, may be make up a sign (large one) thanks for waking the baby again!!!! And every time she does it put it in the window. I can easily have my blood boil with stuff like this when I'm sleep deprived, I once got DS to sleep finally and had kids try and prank me when I opened the door with him asleep in my arms, let's just say they learned some rather explicit language that day much to my shame now. The sign isn't too confrontational but better than yelling out like I'd prob do lol. Good luck Hun.