View Poll Results: Makeup When Delivering?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Makeup

12 18.46%
  • Au Natural

53 81.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Deleted
    Last edited by BigRedV; 05-07-2012 at 11:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think having make-up on really crossed my mind during labour. I did start out with my hair up neatly but by the end it was out & mussed up. I was sweaty & spotty (skin wasn't in the best condition during pregnancy) but I'm happy with the picture DF took of me & DD.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I voted natural, but then remembered that I was not with DD! I woke up early AM with labour pains, and got out of bed, got dressed, brushed my hair and put on some light makeup (my normal daily routine). It wasn't with the plan of having a baby while looking presentable, more just that it was my usual habit at that time of day. If I'd gone into labour at midnight, I don't think I'd have bothered!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The morning of my induction, I got out of bed, had a shower, shaved my armpits and legs, popped on my concealer, foundation, blush, eyeliner and mascara and went off for my induction : D
    When it was time to push my little dude out, the midwife was more concerned about my makeup than I was. She got up, took a wet wipe and wiped away my panda eyes lol She was cute.
    I'll probably wear makeup for my second baby as well.. Depending on my situation.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ill be naked in the bath, so no makeup here!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

austmum  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put light make up before I went to the hospital, I laboured at home til 5cms, some foundation, blusher and eyeshadow.

BY the time I pished DS out 6 hours later my make up was a distant memory! To be honest I look HORRIBLE in my pic, but I still love it, its my first pic with DS

I took my full makeup bag with me to the hospital though and puit my make up on the 3 mornings I was there after my shower... as I do at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    End of the day it depends on how fast the whole process goes lol if I have time then yes I completely intend on wearing make up. Not a full face of heavy make up but natural day normal make up for sure. It's not overly important but I'd like to look somewhat presentable during something that is surely going to rob me of some dignity lol! may as well do it looking semi decent

9. The Following User Says Thank You to larissa88 For This Useful Post:

WhitePeach  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say all 4 times it was the last thing on my mind! Make up and nice pics was done the day after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand how it stays on if you're wearing make up. My priority was a shower. I would shower before going to the hospital and I made sure my hair was washed. I've attended a few births and no one has worn make-up. I imagine it to look very out of place, like women who wear make-up to the gym.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wastingtime For This Useful Post:

austmum  (05-07-2012),WhitePeach  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear foundation everyday even if I am just staying at home, so I yes I wore foundation but most of it came off I would say during the labour and I didn't reapply or anything - it was the last thing from my mind once the contractions really set in.