View Poll Results: Makeup When Delivering?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Makeup

12 18.46%
  • Au Natural

53 81.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't wear makeup either time. Like PP's have said, was the last thing on my mind! But I hardly ever wear it anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke88(mum2b09) View Post
    I understand about nail polish but why no make up?
    I had to shower the night before then shower that morning - skin had to be totally clean , couldn't even put deodorant on!!
    It's just rules They have!! I had polish on my toes from a pedi and they got remover and took it all off ;(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loved reading all the responses, thanks everyone You're all so refreshingly honest & "real" no matter whether your answer was a yes or a hell no!

Personally, I think when my time comes I won't wear any but I will probably take some basics with me to spruce myself up a tad after its all over and I've had a shower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a rarity I wear make up so prob not the best one to comment but when I was in labor I really didn't give a sh!t lol

Here's me a couple of minutes after birth
    Attached Images

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cluky79 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (04-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have any make up on for either of my births and with dd1 I deleted all the pics of me in them cos I looked like hell and it just brings back the horrible emotional experience it was. With dd2 there were no photos taken at all till day after even though it was a good birth. I had showered a couple of times to remove the blood/amniotic fluid smell, wore fresh new pretty pajamas and straightened my fringe and put some light make up on and waited for the visitors to arrive.

I love the photos I have of dd2 and have them everywhere.

For my next bub I'll do the same again. Dad can have the brand new baby photos and I'll get refreshed before any are taken of me. Make up in labour itself won't work for me cos I like to use the shower for pain relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    During birth I wore no makeup as I wanted to be comfortable! I didnt see it as necessary and i didnt want that yucky sweaty makeup feeling! However, I did apply some for some not that long after birth as I wanted a nice pic for the birth announcement photos and feel a little better about my appearance as we had visitors lol

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg makeup would have been the least of my worries!!!! Not for delivery. As someone else said, I wouldn't recommend it just on the off chance you needed an emergency CS.

Plus, mascara? It'd want to be waterproof and the best money could buy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I had planned to do an eye brow wax & eye lash tint - so I could look "fresh". But I planned it for the Wednesday jasper was in daycare & labour stArted Tuesday morning.... (she was born Friday morning so I guess I had time. lol)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've thought about it and will wear it if I remember, lol. I hate my skin and always wear a tinted moisturizer with a light powder no matter where I am, with the exception of the gym. I also hate photos which I usually refuse and I am usually behind the camera, but being such a special moment I know I will want photos. There are no photos of me until I was three days old because my mum refused to have any taken after labour as she felt hideous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a planned c-section I straightened my hair, fake tanned and wore make up, I wanted to look nice in my first photos

12. The Following User Says Thank You to megkeeley For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-07-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast