View Poll Results: Makeup When Delivering?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Makeup

12 18.46%
  • Au Natural

53 81.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No makeup or nailpolish in theatre is as traditionally the anesthetist would keep an eye on ur pallor/nail colour to determine oxygen saturation. Whilst they have machines that can do this now, its still maintained as it's a really good fall back option I'd machines are failing or not picking up on issues with patient.

Or so I've been lead to believe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cakeish For This Useful Post:

brooke88(mum2b09)  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a pic of me after ds was born. It was the proudest moment of my life, hair and make up didn't even occur to me and i never look at photos and think i look horrid! Ive posted a pic of us how we usually look for comparison
    Last edited by AllYouNeedIsLove; 04-07-2012 at 18:05.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (05-07-2012),Benji  (04-07-2012),fichicken  (06-07-2012),nelle7250  (05-07-2012),Sarelou  (04-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (04-07-2012),Wickedly Happy  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I did not wear makeup during labour, and I do not wear it to the gym, either

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted yes!

I may have had no dignity left but at least my make up looked good.

Mind u after 18 hrs and a shower i dont think there was much left

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Ve had two c sections, no jewellery, no nail polish and no make up were the rules. Im not entirely sure why anyone would give a crap. Its baby meeting time!
    I had nail polish on when i had my section.....make up was all but gone by that stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fully intended to wear makeup, straighten hair and wear contacts instead of glasses. Well 18 hours of labour at home with countless baths and showers took care of that!
    I showed up at the hospital with my hair a mess, glasses on and snot running down my face while doing that stupid hiccuping cry.
    nothing ever ends up being how you imagine it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! I read the title of this thread and my eyebrows hit my hairline!
    Make up? When delivering? NOTHING was further from my mind. Not in the hours from going into labor initially, nor many hours afterwards.

Most places still request no nailpolish to keep an eye on your oxygen, and even though they said I could have it on either hands or feet it could only be one or the other, I took all of mine off. Wasn't interested in risking it.

When I went into labor the only thing I was worried about was getting into a safe environment to have my baby. Maybe next time I'll be able to have a bit more time to 'prep' myself, but I sure won't be looking for my mascara when the contractions start .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went in for an emergency c section at 3am, I still had the mornings make up on and it wasn't a problem (they didn't tell me to remove it or anything). If I had had a choice, I'd probably have put a little mascara or something on to make myself at least look at little presentable in the photos. As it turned out, I was in the theatre alone, a nurse took some photos on my phone, but none of me holding my DS as he was rushed away to NICU. I totally agree that nothing ends up how you imagine or plan it to be...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Nothing here either. First time though I did get my brows waxed and tinted and eyelashes tinted a few days before due date, but I do that anyway. It wasn't because I give a rats about how I looked in hospital, but more that I knew once I'd had the baby I wouldn't get a chance for a few weeks.

When I look back at my photos all I see are beautiful babies and one proud mama!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I couldn't care less about make up during labour - both mine happened in the middle of the night and started very hard (short labours) so i didn't have time to worry about how i looked.
    I love the photos the me right after DD1 was born, i am wet (water birth), my hair is a mess and i'm tired but i also full of joy and glowing with pride and amazement at what i had just done. I don't care that i am not made up in those photos, i think they are beautiful.
    I imagine that make up would be easily ruined during a labour also.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Benji  (04-07-2012)