+ Reply to Thread
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Brisbane engagement party venues

My sister is looking for a child-friendly venue to host her engagement party in Brisbane. We have looked around and most of them only have the option of a "per head" catering service, whereas she would prefer to just provide x amount of platters and put some money on the bar (way less expensive that way).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found the same problem in Brisbane when looking for a venue to host a birthday party. I basically got told over and over again, nobody will really agree to the host providing food as it's the business's way of making money. If the host provides their own food, how will it be worth it for them... and even with bar tabs, I still had no luck. In the end i had to just hire a community hall and organise the catering from there, drinks included. I hope you do end up finding something.. !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for your response We want to purchase the platters from the venue, not BYO the platters, but there don't seem to be a lot of places that even allow that. I can understand them not wanting to provide the venue if people bring their own food though, but we don't want to bring it. We have asked if they will allow us to purchase X amount of nibblies, but they seem to all request the "per head" amount, which we find is really overpriced. Still hunting...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everton Park Hotel covers all of those bases - have no idea how it compares price wise, but GREAT kids facilities, platters, and 3 different drinks options (including a tab)...have been there for a first birthday party (in the outside marquee), and the parents of the child had also had their engagement party there as well and thought it was great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pineapple hotel in kangaroo point do lovely platters to share and I think they have a playground too.

Waterloo hotel do great food platters and cash bar/bar tab.

Hamilton hotel.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Second the Pineapple. Friends of ours had their engagement part there and the food was yummy.

Also the Regatta. I had my 21st there many moons ago and we just paid for platters rather than per head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this thread is old! We ended up having it at their house, but thanks for the replies