+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Random questions

Hi everyone
    I have been thinking more and more about being a surrogate in the future when I'm finished our own family.....despite hubby thinking we already have
    So I just have some questions I haven't found answers to anywhere else here and btw you ladies are awesome in providing info and advice and I enjoy reading your stories

Has any IP gone down the path of trying to lactate/used a sns when their baby is due?

Has any IM pumped colostrum/milk for the baby?

or does everyone just go with formula?
    Not intended to be a which is best argument, I just know that I produce like a Fresian and wouldn't have any difficulty supplying if the mum would use it
    (This is just curiosity and I definitely dont intend to offend anyone, if I do I'm sorry)

Is it common to keep in contact after baby is born or do most prefer to have a clean break (either side) ?

Is anyone here a success story in Adelaide?

Thanks for reading and good luck if you are in the process at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi 2cheekycolts! You asked some very good questions. My sister is carrying for me right now and we're looking for an early Dec delivery so while I can't answer them in the past tense, I can answer them as I would like things to be in a few months. Here goes...

Has any IP gone down the path of trying to lactate/used a sns when their baby is due? I'm hoping to lactate. From what I've read, I will need to start on the BC pill tomorrow (Day 3 of cycle) and stay on active pills from now until I stop lactating. There are herbs and medications that are recommended to help but since I have had a heart condition in the past, I can't take the domperidone that so many other IM have used and recommend. I plan to start pumping at the end of Oct, beginning of Nov.

Has any IM pumped colostrum/milk for the baby? I plan to start pumping at the end of Oct, beginning of Nov. Apparently it takes at least a month of pumping to get good results so that's my plan right now.

or does everyone just go with formula? We will only use formula if I'm not able to produce or produce enough.
    Not intended to be a which is best argument, I just know that I produce like a Fresian and wouldn't have any difficulty supplying if the mum would use it
    (This is just curiosity and I definitely dont intend to offend anyone, if I do I'm sorry) Speaking only for myself here, I wouldn't have any problem using breast milk supplied by the GC. They do extensive testing so I would have no concern about any diseases being passed along. Not all GC's are willing to provide milk though. That is very generous of you.

Is it common to keep in contact after baby is born or do most prefer to have a clean break (either side) ? I can only speak for me on this one, but since my sister is the one carrying, I will definitely keep in contact afterward.

Is anyone here a success story in Adelaide? Sorry, no. I live in the US but I do happen to know someone who I've met through BH that is considering looking for a GC in Adelaide. I'm very curious how different the laws are there than they are here.

The fact that you're even considering doing this for someone is so sweet. That is such a precious gift. If you do decide to be a GC, I wish you all the best in the process. It is QUITE a process.

Jen