+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone work in Real Estate or Fair Trading?

That could help with an enquiry for a claim?
    We moved last week as we were sick of dealing with an unprofessional real estate and we needed a bigger house anyway.
    They inspected the property yesterday and this morning I called to see how it went and was told they had a cleaner there all morning. They also tried telling us we are 3 weeks in arrears.

1) I thought we are meant to be notified so we could fix it ourselves?
    2) The property was left in much better condition than it was when we moved in (my DF is a clean freak)
    3) Rent is paid via Internet banking so I have access to all receipts and proof.

Because of this they are withholding our bond and told us we'd have to make a claim which we will definitely be doing.

In the 10 months we resided there both us and the landlord have had a lot of problems. We had to pay for our own bedroom doors and fix plumbing ourselves because they didn't notify our landlord of anything.
    I have spoken to our landlord who was only emailed last night saying we were vacating the property even though we gave dated written notice 3 weeks ago and moved last week. Landlord is happy to take action against them and help with any claim.

We are not the first tenants the RE has done this too, it is a common occurrence. My question is it possible to make a "bulk" claim against them? As in get other people who've had the same experiences and all take action together or is this something that needs to be done individually?

If you are still reading TIA lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check out fair trading, I think you can make a complaint through there. They cannot with hold bond unless you signed the form which states the details of your bond, address and everything and any amounts to be with held and why. A real estate did this to me a few years ago - I believe they changed the form AFTER I signed which is illegal! I did make a complaint to fair trading but never chased it up, so if you take this path stay on top of it. I also left the property cleaner than when I moved in

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Sarelou!
    So angry about the whole thing. Will definitely be going through Fair Trading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i am a realestate agent and also have 5 investment properties and from what you have said they have been very unreasonable. did they ring or email or anything to tell you the bond clean was unsatisfactory? if not they should have. you should have been given the opportunity to clean and if you were unable to do so by a specific date then informed a professional clean would be taken out of your bond. i would be asking for a meeting with the principal of the office to express your concerns with how you have been treated. take your receipts with you, if they are saying you are in arrears and you are not they can get into a lot of trouble for incorrect trust accounting. i would let the principal know that you are aware of this and you will report such treatment to the office of fair trading and the realestate institute for your state (we are qld do reiq ). good luck unfortunatly there are some useless realestate agents out there who give us all a bad name. pm me if you need any advice x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub