+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheery and useful gift ideas for mum about to give birth to premmies

Hi there,

My SIL has had a really stressful, difficult pregnancy with twins with severe IUGR. She's suffered from just about every possible pregnancy ailment and she and my brother have to move house this weekend, which is just two days away from when she's due to have the twins delivered four weeks early by c-section.

I'm all over baby gifts (got heaps of stuff for them) but I'd really like to send my SIL and my brother too, as the father, something useful and also something cheery to help them when they go into hospital and can't think of anything to save myself! Any ideas? They're kind of spiritual/new-age (although I hate that term), if that helps, although I know they've got a tonne of lucky crystals already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd get them a months supply of dinners for when they come OUT of hospital ... You could get Lite N Easy (there are others I just can't think) sent to them ...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (04-07-2012),SeaShanty  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, that's a great idea - thanks! It also reminded me that a while ago I'd thought to arrange an online grocery delivery (from Woolies or Coles) with useful and fun stuff and send it to them.

Can anyone think of any little uplifting or calming books or trinkets SIL could take into hospital with her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could little palm sized stress dolls - my mum gave my nephew some when he went to hospital and he loved them, I've given then to friends in hospital too ...

I'll see if I can google an image ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guatemalan Worry Dolls ...

They come in their own little pouch ... Gives your hands something to fiddle with when you're tense and the dolls are believed to 'absorb' your worries ...
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    You get them from crystal shops etc ...