+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Darwin!

Base is mostly the singles people as far as i know. I did not enjoy it at all lol. But yeah, who said Palmerston was no good? Ten years ago it wasn't but now it's all Defence and central to everything. When are you heading up? What's your email? I'll send u invites to events once you're here..!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah a few family members had heard it was a bad spot, but maybe they're basing the info on years ago.
    I figured it would be mostly defence families. It looks like there's some nice areas, just going off realestate.com lol =)
    We're just waiting on his posting date I think. Should be up there early October though. Email is blood.red.sky@live.com.au =)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Darwin!

Palmerston has some flaws like all places. If you were to live on base.you would be looking at older houses with lots of stairs. Larrakeyah is no longer taking families, berrimah can be a pain due to the fact that some of the houses can't get phone lines and the raaf base doesn't have the same security people associate with base housing. Most of the houses in Palmerston are Dha houses and they tend to be grouped together. The wives all look out for each other. I recommend the family groups held on base. The drive is fun. Make sure your car has good aircon as it gets got as you go north. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

LollyLu  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Darwin!

Hi I thought I'd jump in here too. I'm in Darwin, been here two years now. Not sure if it's too late to mention but the RAAF base has a childcare centre. I currently live at berrimah. I hope you are enjoying it up here

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Darwin!

Hi! Anyone still in here? Lived in Darwin before but hubby has been posted back interested in meeting some mums with bubs again!!