+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to say that although my ds3 is the same my ds2 was also exactly the same! We just went with the flow. I made sure that every night he'd do the first few hours in his cot, then bring him in our bed. One night at about 11 months he just didn't wake through the night at all. I woke the next morning and ran into him freaking that something happened, only to wake him up. He literally went from waking non stop overnight to sleeping through and hasn't looked backed. At 2.5 he sleeps 12+ hours at night and 2+ hours in the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Markys Mum View Post
    . Last night, for the first time, when I put him into bed with me just after midnight because I'd tried resettling, and needed some sleep for work today - I didn't feel guilty, and I didn't feel like a total failure. For the first time, I felt like a mum who was doing what was necessary for my family. It felt nice. So, thank you to everyone for helping me see it from a different view point. I am still going to try resettling in his cot first, but at the end of the day, won't feel like a total failure and beat myself up if he ends up in bed with me to give us all some sleep. I'm glad I came here
    Yay!!!

As for what it *could* be, it could be a gazillion things:

- Iron deficiency
    - Food intolerances
    - Silent reflux that flares when laying down

Or, he just may not be developmentally ready ...

I think, with you being more relaxed and accepting of it, you'll find it does get immensely easier, and he may feel more secure and start sleeping better (not that this is in any way your fault!!) ...

You're doing an awesome job mama

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

Markys Mum  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, I'm finding that even with DS coming into my bed during the night, he's sleeping is kind of getting worse and he will wake every 1 or 2 hours. He used to go at least 3 or 4 hours if he was in bed with me. I'm afraid that will stop working, and I will never get any sleep... I have no idea what to do anymore. I'm hoping it's a phase. This is insane - who doesn't like sleep??? He must take after his father, cause I love sleep. I miss it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I had to post and I admit I haven't read every single post so hopefully I don't repeat but I have a 13 Month old boy Ryder.
    He has been the worst sleeper since 12 weeks day and night, around the same age 7 months he was waking hourly sometimes more, he did have reflux and I did realise that certain foods were triggering it specially dairy and tuna still doesn't sit well with him.
    I was exhausted I read and tried most sleep books had been to tressillian and nothing worked they told me I had to get him napping more than 3 45 mins times a day but this was so hard we stayed home most days just to try and get him to nap properly etc.
    I ended up giving up and accepting the fact my son wasn't a good sleeper I was sick of reading and comparing etc so I needed up making a side car with his cot next to my bed he still woke a lot but I felt more rested in the morning as easier to resettle. Most nights we would be up 6-12 times he was still feeding over night etc at about 11 months old he was up 21 times!!! I knew I had to do something so after his 1st bday I decided it was time for some crying I bought the book gift of sleep. I was amazed he truly was ready for his own room and space as I was so against CIO but after the first night of crying half hour he now self settles during night in less than 5 mins. I can't believe it. I just guess I wanted to give other mothers hope my son the worst sleeper in the world can now sleep in his own room and most of night in less than a moth we have gone from 21 wakings to now just 1-2 where he needs me to go in. What helped us also was actually going against the professionals Ryder sleeps better at night when he has 1 nap of 1-1.5 hours or even less any more and hell be up more at night we also exhaust him in arvos by playing chasings or getting him to crawl up and down stairs etc etc we are so amazed at the transformation but we truly think it was an age thing and he was ready. So hang in there do what u need to do for your sanity and I promise it will one day be more manageable. Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Andie88! I am getting roller shutters put on his bedroom window, with the view of moving him into his own room soon - to see if it will help any. I'm hoping that it will, it's really the last thing we have to try. Cosleeping IS more manageable, and we do get a bit more sleep - but it's becoming awkward now that I'm working - as I have to get up early, trying not to wake him, then husband goes in and sleeps with him until it's waking up time. It's just awkward and stressful. You described our situation almost exactly... so *hopefully* one day it will get better for us. I'm just so exhausted, which makes it a little bit harder to cope with it all, especially working 3 days now in a stressful job.