+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Sore lump under armpit

For the last few days I've had a sore armpit. Not really sore all the time, just if there's a bit of pressure there, like when I was wearing the boy I look after in the Ergo I noticed it. I had a feel around and if I press it, it hurts in one spot but nowhere else. There's a bit of a lump under the skin - not really a lump, I guess, just not quite the same flatness everywhere else.

Any ideas? I'm going to go the the GP this afternoon I think but was just wondering if anyone had an suggestions?

I remember something similar when I first started wearing deodorant when I was 10-11 - so I wonder if it's something like that? I'm worried it's something more sinister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Dont stress, there's lots of things under our armpits...glands etc. could be from something as simple as shaving Go to your GP but in the meantime don't panic (and def don't google!)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Dont stress, there's lots of things under our armpits...glands etc. could be from something as simple as shaving Go to your GP but in the meantime don't panic (and def don't google!)
    Hahaha! I'm feeling so emotional, everything is making me cry at the moment and I did google so now I'm fairly certain I'll be dead in the next 4 hours from some vicious fungal disease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol noooooo, turn the PC off...unless for bubhub only!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol don't google!
    I had the same thing, it was an infected hair follicle. Cleared up after some antibiotics.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I had something like this happen to me. It went away within a couple of days. I didnt bother going to the doctor cos it happened on a weekend and was gone by the time the Dr's were back open. I feel around and still dont feel anything now. I think mine was just a swollen gland because from memory I did come down with a cold around the same time.

Dont stress about it but still if you are worried, see your GP as you have already planned. It's not always worst case scenario.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had that and went to the doctor. They weren't concerned and said it was just a gland. Every now and then I get it with other PMS symptoms

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had something similar, it used to flare up and then be ok and then flare up again. I went to the doc and he sent me for an ultrasound, the radiologist said that it was just breast tissue under my arm that was flaring up due to my period.. Don't google lol, i did too and freaked myself out!!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gland, ingrown hair cyst etc. Could be anything lovely lady dont stress

Please update us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this, it was soooo tender and it was a blocked milk duct (wasn't pregnant or had any babies before?!) but always best to get checked to be sure. Good luck x