+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work at Woolies and I love self serve, I work on self serve(as well as many other parts of the store) but I love it, it creates more hours to be filled for staff, it gives customers that are in a rush an outlet rather then waiting in line and therefore pushing their fustrations onto people just doing their jobs.

I also love self serve for all my grocceries, wether its a huge shop or a few things. I've been timed and it takes 8 minutes for me to do a 45 item shop, it does help that our selfserve are unweighted checkouts (eg they don't tell you 'unknown item in baggage area or anything like that). I scanned, put the items into my trolley and paid for the item's in those 8 minutes, for me to go through a register with 45 items it take 15 minutes to be served not including waiting in line. One word LOVE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I refuse to use them also but my reasons are that i always have my kids with me and my 4 year old makes it impossible (presses buttons, moves items - basically freaks the machine out every. time).
    Even if i am alone i just find them frustating and always go to a proper checkout - i'm happy to wait to avoid a self serve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use them for a few items but I prefer to go to a register with a cashier there for a trolley load.

I actually like our local supermarket. The staff are lovely and some even know my daughters names and give them balloons or stickers.....

Off topic a bit but I just tried online shopping today as the weather is shocking and my oldest is sick with a virus. Very convenient and easier to control the budget but I definitely prefer to browse the isles and pop a few extras in the trolley (not do good for the budget hehe)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD loves to make the groceries "go beep" and then point to the correct fruit and veg on the screen then bag it. We might be giving the sh!ts to the people behind us, but hey it's our turn an we'll do it the way we want. There are six self serve plus at least 4 x 12 items or less manned checkouts, so there's plenty of choice for us.

I don't use it for big shops, but find it really convenient.

Also my pram didn't fit through the normal checkouts, and the little hire cars fit better through the self serve too.

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They're great until the toddler starts climbing on the bagging area

"unexpected item in bagging area..."

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Savingfishfromdrowning For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (04-07-2012),Boobycino  (04-07-2012),Mahjong  (04-07-2012),MothersMilk  (04-07-2012),Mrs Molly Coddle  (04-07-2012),MsMummy  (04-07-2012),Shoopuf  (04-07-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DP prefers to always be served by someone as he feels the self service check outs do take away jobs. I do agree with him on that but sometimes I feel it's not only easier if I just have a couple of things to get to just do it myself at the self service check out. I think this can save time for the employees as well. At our local supermarket however we know most of the people there so we just line up as we can chat to who ever is on when we are loading the counter up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I prefer them. I shop with my pram so I like that I can load them into my pram in a specific way - because even if I sort as I load onto the belt at the register everyone packs bags differently. Plus there's usually one available rather than waiting.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't get it - if self serve takes more time and more employees, then it would cost more money, so why would a company do it?

I only use them if the manned check outs are busy or I only have a few items. Not because I think it takes away anyone's job but because I don't often have people doing things for me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use if i have a few items, for a big shop i go through a regular checkout

Thanks
    Reviews
    i love them for a few basket items etc, When you have a crying toddler and just want to get in and out no chit chat or if you are having a pig out.. no judgement i actually didnt realise you could take trolleys through them until one day i got stuck behind 4 people with full to the brim trolleys so i went into a clear "person" check out, i assumed they would be like the expresse isle..

hubby loves them! when he's on "lady item duty" he now always goes through them.. men aren't they funny! said they were probably invented by a man for this reason

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bravies For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (04-07-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast