+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Self serve supermarket check-outs

A friend of mine recently said he refused to use the self serve check outs at Woolies. He thinks it’s wrong to take jobs away from human beings and thinks he is doing his bit to help.

I personally like them if I just have a hand basket, but would prefer to use a human check out operator if they have no one else in line at their register.

I refuse to use self serve check outs for a full trolley load of shopping. I kind of get annoyed when people take forever to use the self serve registers for a massive shop as it seems to take them so much longer than if they used a register that was operated by a check out operator!

How do you feel about them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I have a trolley load then I go through a staffed check out, otherwise I use self serve.
    Quick and convenient.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

austmum  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like them when I am buying trashy magazines and loads of chocolate. No judging!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to withloveandlimits For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (04-07-2012),austmum  (04-07-2012),Becks23  (04-07-2012),HarvestMoon  (04-07-2012),jbish  (04-07-2012),secondtimearound2  (04-07-2012),Tazzy  (04-07-2012),Whitman  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They are handy if I only have a few things, but I prefer using the staffed checkouts if they are free or if I have a big shop.
    Although, alot of the people on the checkouts may as well be robots...at least so it seems when I am there..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH is the same, he rambles that it "takes away from the working man."

So he gets annoyed when I go through and I'll talk into the screen "price check, stupid husband, crying over spilt milk."

Not good when people take their big shop through. Takes them six turns of an item to find the barcode and then they still somehow get it wrong. It's good when you have a few items.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I refuse to use them. I think in the future they will add more and more until there's only a couple of check out chicks.

Aside from that, if I'm scanning groceries how am I reading trashy mags? I would actually have to pay for them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I like them... there's no having to put up with being asked how my day is, if i've been busy, etc.. I can't stand chatty checkout operators especially when i'm clearly not interested in having a conversation!

I do find it annoying when people take whole trolley loads through. It just takes way to long, there is not enough room and the trolley just gets in the way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love them. I do tend to use the manned checkouts when I have a large shop, but I wish my local supermarket had them. Only one or two in our area has them and its not the closest to me. I used to work check outs when I was younger so if I did have a big shop and the lines were large I would use one, they aren't that hard to figure out but then some people take ages at ATMs too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have such bad luck with them. It always takes me longer even when I only have a few things. It's always telling me to place item in bagging area, unidentified item in bagging area...then I have to wait for someone to come over and fix it. Arrgh, I hate them!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wont use them. I'd rather line up for 10 mins (reading trashy mags) and wait for a person. Self service checkouts cost people jobs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Good For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (04-07-2012)