+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They can sit and argue about a policy for a week- being asylum seekers and no make a decision, just pick up for 6 weeks for a break. I don't know about you but I couldn't go on holiday for 6 weeks and not finish my work... Yet they get a pay rise???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    Everyone in the public sector gets 3% (ish) at the financial year, it happens every year so it's not news really. They shouldn't have had the rise earlier this year though, and it really isn't fair that they can vote and decide on their own pay that way - when are they ever going to vote no???
    Uuuummm NO. Not everyone in the public sector gets a 3% rise. In NSW all public servants are capped at 2.5% increases (including teachers, nurses, police etc). We went on strike about it last year.
    I think it is disgusting that the pollies are getting such a large increase AGAIN as a PP stated they only just had a pay rise. Most Australians are not happy with either party at a federal level (just look at the polling numbers). There definately needs to be more transparency with how and why pollies are getting such large increases while average Australians are getting increase that are below the inflation level which in real terms is actual a pay cut!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulabelle View Post
    Uuuummm NO. Not everyone in the public sector gets a 3% rise. In NSW all public servants are capped at 2.5% increases (including teachers, nurses, police etc). We went on strike about it last year.
    I think it is disgusting that the pollies are getting such a large increase AGAIN as a PP stated they only just had a pay rise. Most Australians are not happy with either party at a federal level (just look at the polling numbers). There definately needs to be more transparency with how and why pollies are getting such large increases while average Australians are getting increase that are below the inflation level which in real terms is actual a pay cut!!!!!!
    Yes, and also, we don't get it at the beginning of the financial year.