+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I agree with needing good pay to attract high calibre people. I just don't like all the increases (this one is twice the inflation rate!) to pay the current crop as I think most of them are pretty average performance wise.

And from memory, Kevin Rudd changed the law/policy so he could veto pay rises. Once Julia turfed him, they also turfed that so that the pay rises were just automatic.
    I think the timing of this one is bad, and I also agree that there should be performance measures in place for pay levels and increases throughout the public sector, but I do think that they are underpaid for the level of responsibility that they hold - and that will make it very difficult to attract the top people into politics.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What on earth do they do with all that money, they get everything paid for and then they have nice fat salaries too. Its just greedy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    What on earth do they do with all that money, they get everything paid for and then they have nice fat salaries too. Its just greedy.
    Completely agree! Oh what i could do with even a quarter of Julia Gillard's salary!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone in the public sector gets 3% (ish) at the financial year, it happens every year so it's not news really. They shouldn't have had the rise earlier this year though, and it really isn't fair that they can vote and decide on their own pay that way - when are they ever going to vote no???

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    I know that with some positions (including Julia's) you need to take into account that she would need protection .. and that wouldn't just include the police etc or what is supplied... HOWEVER having said that .. I'm honestly shocked that after thousands of qld govt employees (anyone who was contact or temp) losing their jobs to ensure that our state stops gaining debt - that the pollies are now getting pay rises.

If only this was something WE got to vote on ...

is there a site where we can view their wages??

Thanks
    Reviews
    What really sh!ts me off is that they get a 3% raise but are trying/have changed things so public service people ( nurses, cops, teachers etc) can only ever have a 2.5% raise no matter what the inflation rate is.

Nurses have to fight tooth and nail to get a raise the same as the inflation rate and have lost soooo many 'extras' just to get 2.5%.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (04-07-2012),Cherry18Bloss  (16-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    Everyone in the public sector gets 3% (ish) at the financial year, it happens every year so it's not news really. They shouldn't have had the rise earlier this year though, and it really isn't fair that they can vote and decide on their own pay that way - when are they ever going to vote no???
    I'm in public sector. I got a $12 tax cut. It's not 3%.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't even get a pay rise every year so to me it seems very unfair that some people (politicians) get a $20k+ payrise!!
    I also think their pay packets are too big to begin with, but that's not gunna change anytime soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    What really sh!ts me off is that they get a 3% raise but are trying/have changed things so public service people ( nurses, cops, teachers etc) can only ever have a 2.5% raise no matter what the inflation rate is.

Nurses have to fight tooth and nail to get a raise the same as the inflation rate and have lost soooo many 'extras' just to get 2.5%.
    Public sector wages are being frozen by the nsw liberal government, not the federal government and federal politicians who are getting the pay rise.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 04-07-2012 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to all my fellow parents who as of January 1st are no longer eligible for assistance. We get to finance the pollies pay rise!