+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Angry F***ing politician to get pay rises!!!!!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/...eive-pay-rise/

WHAT THE HELL!!!??? they are doing spending cuts on all things for ordinary people yet they have enough money to give themselves pay rises!!!!???

What the hell is so special about their jobs!!!??? all the do is argue with each other!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OS&N For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree totally. And they told us carbon tax was for big business but every cost is going up at our end to cover what they have to pay !!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep saw this this morning. I was seriously P!SSED off reading about their pay increase.

BTW this will be their second rise in 3months WTH!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OS&N View Post
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/...eive-pay-rise/

WHAT THE HELL!!!??? they are doing spending cuts on all things for ordinary people yet they have enough money to give themselves pay rises!!!!???

What the hell is so special about their jobs!!!??? all the do is argue with each other!!
    This is one thing I didn't see them argue over

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

austmum  (04-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (04-07-2012),MissMuppet  (05-07-2012),tormyxxx  (04-07-2012)

Guest Guest
    Especially since they've been cutting public sector jobs. Its pretty pathetic, always looking after themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm ****ed off at everything they do! They always seem to say they're doing it for the people, but everything seems to help them and disadvantage us!!
    They get large pensions for the rest of their lives too!!

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How can they do that when the price of our everyday living is going up??? If they can get a pay rise then why didn't they use that money for the people paying for it? Like help more with daycare! Or get rid of the carbon tax again an let us keep our money! Grrrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't think it's appropriate considering the min wage is only going up by $17 per week. Everybody deserves regular payrises, but this seems excessive.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (05-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm I know not many here will agree with me, but I actually think politicians should be paid more in order to attract more experienced top level professionals from the private sector.

The MPs are also unable to veto a pay rise at this point in time.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (05-07-2012),smallpotatoes  (04-07-2012),wrena  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Hmm I know not many here will agree with me, but I actually think politicians should be paid more in order to attract more experienced top level professionals from the private sector.

The MPs are also unable to veto a pay rise at this point in time.
    I agree with needing good pay to attract high calibre people. I just don't like all the increases (this one is twice the inflation rate!) to pay the current crop as I think most of them are pretty average performance wise.

And from memory, Kevin Rudd changed the law/policy so he could veto pay rises. Once Julia turfed him, they also turfed that so that the pay rises were just automatic.