+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is cramping normal?

So I am 7weeks 2 days, not that far at all, and for 2 days I have been getting light cramps and back ache, Is this normal? I have my scan tomorrow, should I be expecting bad news because of these cramps?

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had bad cramping all through my pregnancy, I don't know if that's to do with having endometriosis though?

I was always told cramping without bleeding is completely normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cramps are apparently very common in early pregnancy - I had a run of quite a few nights where my cramps were so bad I needed panadol to sleep when I was about 6-ish weeks along. I am now 20 weeks and all is looking good. Not sure about the back ache, but hopefully someone else can shed some light on that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies. I have had to take panadol for them once before to get me through, I had really bad loosening of my pelvis with DS, and he is only 9 months old, so I am hoping that this isnt just a wind up to that happening early, which I was told by a physio that would happen.
    Good to know that they dont seem to be a bad thing unless there is bleeding, which there isnt

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, dont worry too much. I had awful cramps thru my first tri, heaps of lower back aches, cramps in my lower ab, sides, thighs, calves.. U name it. Had to take Panadeine max some days it was so bad. I'm 19 weeks now and still occasionally have crampy days. It's normal - u'll have all sorts of cramps, twinges, pulls, aches... all part of the joys of pregnancy!!

The only time u need to worry is if the pain has u doubled over, and/or u have bleeding. and even then in some cases it's not necessarily bad news!!

Good luck for ur scan tomorrow, hope u get to see a heartbeat!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If ur going to the Obgyn tomorrow let them check for urinary tract infection, just to be safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    If ur going to the Obgyn tomorrow let them check for urinary tract infection, just to be safe.
    I am not going private, so unless there is an issue I probably would be seeing an OB, bitter sweet.
    But I can see my doctor or a middie, but it dosent hurt to pee and I pee all the time lol