+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been living on carrot sticks, it's a lot of trial and error tho. Good luck, hope it passes soon for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately, you just need to find what works for you, and understand that after a week or so you won't even be able to look at that particular snack!

I went through cheese toasties, jam toast, milo, oranges (by the bag load). Really ripe kiwi fruit, chex, cheds, saladas, flavored corn thins, nut and fruit mixes, coke, black tea, cordial...the list goes on.

You just need to find a healthy option that will satisfy that day's needs as far as taste goes, and understand that constant eating will make you stay on top of the nausea.

If your vomiting a lot, my GP said it's better to have high carb, high calorie 'meal' based snacks...like Mac and cheese or chips and gravy..even tho these are low nutrient high fat, if you can keep them down that's better than a high nutrient low fat that you vomit up straight away! He also said that your body has the nutrients and minerals/vitamins needed to grow bub at this stage (but still supports antenatal vitamins for folate and iodine) so it's more important that you give yourself energy through your snacks in the form of fat/carb/calories than it is you look for high nutrient foods (if you can't stomach them).

I had HG until 21 weeks and it has returned somewhat from 30 weeks. You'll quickly work out what works for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks cakeish & crazyaboutbubs!

After a couple of weeks of resisting temptation and trying to eat healthy I finally gave in yesterday and had a slice a chocolate mud cake....and felt fantastic! It's the best I've felt in weeks!

Haha, quite annoyed that bub only seems to want to eat sugar or fat, but hey, if it means I can go a day without wanting to vomit every 5 mintues, then I guess I'll have to compromise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really a bit hard as you gluten intolerance, because the fruit was the only thing I could take during my first 5 months.

and one more - a fresh bread I used to eat it as soon as I have risen from the bed. Try that one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also get morning sickness during two weeks. I have search the way to avoid this and I found some useful tips. It is quite effective. Hope that these tips also can help other expectant mother http://goo.gl/DNMkG