+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *TMI* Are you supposed to let the hospital know when you have a 'show'?

If it is a show?

I don't know, I was just walking around bouncing before and felt something *TMI* wet, so I went to the loo and it was this snotty blood-tinged mucus stuff. Definitely blood tinged, actually quite bloody, very slimy, kind of thick and there was quite a fair bit of it.

I had a S&S done yesterday around 10.30am, a little bleeding afterwards, some mild pains and then went on to have a pretty easy night, not many pains, so I got some sleep. Woke up this morning and now this.

I'm already 2-3cms dilated, am I supposed to let them know this happened? Or is it only when your waters break? I've never seen the show or the plug or anything, each time I've just presented at the hospital with contractions and never seen the plug, show and have had my waters broken for me.

So I'm totally clueless. I'm sitting here now with a dull pain across my lower bump, across my back, shoulders but nothing I would begin to consider contraction-worthy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI there, I would definitely make a call to the hospital and explain the situation- you might have lost your plug- sometimes, they will want you to come in and check you over, especially if you are already starting to dilate. All the best

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    woohoo!

And no you don't need to let them know only if you're in labour or your water has broken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it couldn't hurt to give them a call ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! I called them at that stage and they said to come in but I was also having very regular contractions too. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you I'm so pleased for more progress. I just got up and went to the bathroom and there was plenty more, and whatever is happening is severely aggravating my SPD so I might call up and see what our next move should be.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    eeeee!! I hope baby bones is on their way!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's no harm in asking

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd probably call and let them know, especially considering you had the stretch and sweep yesterday.

Plugs can come out days before babies though ........... So could be something, could be nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I called up. Spoke to the most lovely middie, bless her!

The stretch&sweep obviously worked, things are 'ripening' and 'coming along nicely, even if its a bit gross.' It's making SPD worse and for the time being I'm to keep managing it with my own pain relief and if it comes to much or contractions start, I go in.

Very pleased with progress, and I think in every post I've made in the last half hour I've written, 'gross.'

Thanks for your replies and your party people.