+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had 2 wisdom teeth out in the chair last year. They were not impacted though but i have wrapping roots or something? I got a bit of bruising but not too much felt like crap for two days and took panadine regularly. Good luck hope it goes smoothly for you and recover quickly.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today at the dentist!

I found it wasn't too bad having it done in the chair - they do thoroughly numb your mouth for it. Music should help with some of the noise (unfortunately not all because they do drill/cut into your jaw).

With the bruising - I think it depends how badly you bruise in the first place? - I don't bruise easily & had a small bruise on each cheek which was easily covered by makeup.

I found the worst of the pain was in the first few days & had lingering sensitivity for a week or two whilst it healed. Taking panadeine regularly helped, especially over the first two days.

Wisdom tooth removal is major dental surgery so you may very well not feel able to work by Saturday or be able to stay out late at the function. Are you able to pick up another shift another day?
    Hope you recover quick!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wasn't bad at all
    He put numbing cream on me, then started with the needles, I didn't feel them at all but could hear them pop through the skin :what:

After that he just told me he would see if they were "wobbly" I thought that was a little weird but fair enough, he was "Checking" the back right one and said "that ones out" I was a bit shocked!
    He did the same for the other, I was stitched up, given anti-biotics and that was it.
    It was all over in 20 minuets..
    He just said they came out more easy then he expected.
    I felt nothing throughout the whole thing

However...

I'm now sitting on the couch in rather a bit of pain.. Even after taking Nurofen, Panaidene forte and I'm about to take Dolased when the Panadine forte wears off.
    It's just my jaw that feels the worst.
    And I really want to eat some of that spaghetti Dh and dd are having lol.

It's a good feeling to know there finally out, no more wisdom pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So glad it was all easy at the dentist. Keep up the pain meds... Don't let it hurt then take them. And do lots of ice!!!!
    Hope it's a quick recovery.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been following your post and really felt for you. So glad that he could help you. Tooth pain is the pits. I had to have a tooth out not so long ago. I have had heaps of surgeries and nothing compares to getting a tooth out in my opinion!!!!!
    Take it easy and just relax. Easier said then done I know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a timely thread! I had mine out yesterday, one bottom left and one top right. I've also got a severe cold which is not helping. I did it in the chair too, I found it a horrifying experience, the top one was ok, but the bottom one had a curly root and took a lot of work, plus stitches. There's no way I could work today, how did you recover?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Remember to use frozen peas or ice packs to help with swelling and pain. Nurofen and panadeine/ panadeine forte to help.

No rinsing mouth for first 24 hours as you can rinse away a blood clot on the gum area and end up with dry socket which is quite painful. After 24 hours, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours, or at least after each meal, to loosen any debris which may have settled into the holes. Remember any stitches are dissolvable. You may have a little bit of bad breath while they dissolve.

Hope you feel ok. Sounds like you will recover pretty well, but take it easy.