+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Thanks.
    Ok, please explain the water in the bucket, sound fun??! (oh and the flour/bucket one too)
    LOL its really nothing special but my DS found it so much fun~~
    Water in a bucket: I use one of the flat buckets or a big tub (big and not too tall) I put some water in it and then I give him some toys and wash cloth and just let him do his own thing. They will find ways to amuse themselves with the stuff given But I always supervise him when hes playing with water and I always put towls on the floor, because sometimes he would pick up the tub and walk around with it and if it spills might be slippery. Sometimes I would put bubbles in the tub and he LOVES it. He loves putting wash cloth in it as if washing.
    The flour in the tub: pretty much the same thing, I put a towl on the floor and put some flour into the tub then give him a spoon, spectular, wooden spoon, plastic cup and some cotton buds (for some reason he loces cotton buds), and I would hide the cotton buds in the flour and then he would sit there for hours digging into the flour with spoons, scoop them into the cup then out again, find the cotton buds then hide them again, sometimes he would just put the flour in his paml and squeeze it and finds it amusing~ I usually dont watch him when he plays with flour, but lot of cleaning afterwards lol.
    Just another thought, my DS loves birds and thomas the tank engine, sometimes we would go through magazines together looking for the pictures then cut them out and stick them onto a book and he loves going through his book looking at them.
    Also fridge magnets keeps them entertained too, I got him some action figure ones from some cheap shop and he would stand there for a long time sticking them on and taking them off while I do the dishes!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tubster For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-07-2012),chookylaa  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Where did you get the little broom? DS wants to help me sweep but he needs his own broom.
    I found a little wooden broom (suitable for 2yo) in Bunnings of all places.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kymmie For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On rainy days we do a lot of painting, cookie baking, puppet shows (I made a few sock puppets for him), we play with dollies together (roll play stimulates his imagination), sing and dance together and he helps me clean too.
    Well, ehm, he grabs his toy vacuum cleaner and runs after me while I vacuum with the proper vacuum cleaner lol
    He also loves to help me with putting the washing in the machine and taking it out and handing it to me when Im hanging it on the line,

Also, I like making my own slime and let him play with it and also let him play with shaving cream on my glass shower doors.

I have a membership with one of the indoor playcenters too. We go there when he's been a good boy during the week. Only when it rains though. Otherwise I just take him to the park instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmie View Post
    I found a little wooden broom (suitable for 2yo) in Bunnings of all places.
    I got DS's one from Bunnings too. They have a little kids section in the nursery where they have little brooms, rakes, wheelbarrows, etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow how do you make slime?!

We play 'dolls' with his little leggo men hospital playset, he loves it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in Target today and I found some cleaning set for toddlers, BBQ sets, garden cleaning sets all around $20! I bought a garden set and a cleaning set for DS, so he has his own broom stick to use instead of using mine lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Wow how do you make slime?!

We play 'dolls' with his little leggo men hospital playset, he loves it!
    http://scienceplay.questacon.edu.au/...lourslime.html

Just cornflour and water. That's all you need. I do add food colouring to it, same as when I make my own playdough.

DS loves his dolly and now also has a little stroller I got from Kmart for $6,- He pushes it up and down the driveway and shows his "bubba" to all the neighbours lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some fantastic ideas, subscribing :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Subscribing
    I've just started letting my DS use scissors (the bluntest kids ones I could find, couldn't cut me no matter how hard I tried) and I let him cut up colored paper into little pieces then we get out the glue and stick all the pieces onto another bit of paper. He loves it and he's starting to get used to the action a bit more but still swaps hands
    We do puzzles a lot. His favourite is a huge cat in the hat one that's 1m big.
    We dance and sing.
    Race cars.
    Bake.
    Lots of things that have been said.