+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Activities to do with toddlers

ATM we:

Play hide and seek
    Play play doh
    Play leggo
    Read
    Play cars
    Bake muffins etc
    Stack blocks
    Stickers

Need more indoor ideas!

My boy isn't really into drawing.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 04-07-2012 at 08:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Get them to work! 20 month old DS " helps" me put the washing in the machine and take it out again! He "helps" with the vacuuming and sweeping , I get him to help as much as I can in the kitchen when I'm cooking , he stirs and puts things in bowls for me! And I get him to put all the plastic containers/cups away from the dishwasher plus we put MTV on and dance alot , luckily he loves books so he sits at his table and goes through all his books , he is also into pretend play a lot now so if I ask him to make sure his "friends" have lunch he gets all his toys ( big bird, humpty, jemimah, Dora etc) and sits them at his table and offers them his water and snacks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS helps me with housework lol. He even has his own little broom and cleans the floor with a cloth.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found this idea on the net yesterday, it was a huge hit and very simple to make (we used pom poms ). It kept my 3yo & 4.5yo occupied for a good half hour, and half an hour more making pictures & "statues" on the floor with the pom poms

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011...r-pom-pom.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked the same question 2 weeks ago! LOL. Its so hard to keep them entertained at this age!
    -My DS loves chasing me around the house!
    -We play with water in a bucket
    -I sometimes put a little bit of flour in a big plastic bucket and give him a wodden spoon and he would dig for hours!
    -I sometimes mix yogurt with some food colouring, I would cover the floor with white paper for him to hand print on it.
    -We play in the back yard
    -We go to the park when the weather is good
    -I get DS to help me with housework: he would sweep the floor with me, I would clean the table and he would too with his own cleaning wipe, I would clean the toilet while hes making a bigger mess playing with the toilet paper lol.
    -I work from home, he loves playing with my stock
    -I let him watch TV too, I really dont like it but I have to when I am cooking or working
    -Hes not a big fan of drawing, but he loves reading. So I try to read to him when ever I can
    -He doesnt really play with his toys anymore, maybe he needs some new toys
    -I sometimes make treasure hunt for him, create rivers with his blue blanket, make moutains with his dovet and I make him a paper crown and bought him a sword from the reject shop and then we would run around the house jumping over the river and climbing mountains and sword fights!
    He loves moving around more than sitting there quietly so I try to create interesting things for he to explore in the house everyday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    DS helps me with housework lol. He even has his own little broom and cleans the floor with a cloth.

Where did you get the little broom? DS wants to help me sweep but he needs his own broom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the term broom loosely lol. I have a static duster that he decided was his and also the broom part of my spot sweep. They are both the perfect height.
    Here is what he got up to today. He actually cried until I turned it on for real. Then while he was amused I ran around the house madly tidying. He usually follows me messing up whatever I tidy.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks.
    Ok, please explain the water in the bucket, sound fun??! (oh and the flour/bucket one too)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH loves to help too. His new trio is turning the vacuum on and off while I'm using it.

I gave him a cloth the other day and tried to teach him how to clean the skirting boards - he doesn't quite get the idea, but I'm hoping it can be his 'game' shortly. I HATE cleaning the skirtings LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing!