+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We live in a 2 storey house! 4 bed upstairs ,1 bathroom and big open plan kitchen , lounge dining etc!! That's for 4 kids and 2 adults
    My 2 girls share a room as this is what they wanted- they are very close, Ds has his own room and at the moment dd3 is still in with us , but there is a room waiting for her!!
    Underneath the house is where my dad is , it's all set up as a granny flat type thing!! Perfect for him and helps us out with the rent etc

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are a family of two adults & two children and live in a two storey house with four bedrooms (although we co-sleep and only really use one of them haha!), three toilets (one downstairs, one upstairs and one in the ensuite), two bathrooms, combined living/dining, small storage room and big kitchen. I don't like living in a two storey house and we need a bigger yard, so we are moving when the lease runs out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in a 2 bedroom unit which has 2 living spaces, one is part of the open plan kitchen dining that my DS has as his play area. Bedrooms are good size only thing is we have a small courtyard and no grass

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a four bedroom house, one of which is set up as a study for DH and I. bathroom and ensuite upstairs and toilet downstairs. Open plan living and a small tv/theatre room.

And there are 3 (hopefully to be 4soon) of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh, ds and I moved back to my mums after my dad passed away. Mum lives in the granny flat out the back and the 3 of us live in the main house which is 2br. It is very small but cosy. My parents raised 5 of us kids in it, back then it was 2.5br the .5 walls have been knocked down. I have no idea how they did it but loved growing up here. We are ttc and my niece 9 was gobsmacked when i said after sharing our room future baby and ds will share with a bunk bed. It works for now so for now it will do.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2 bedroom, 1 bathroom (no bath) with 2 adults, 2 kids. We had just one bedroom until Easter this year. It was OK. We managed but having an extra bedroom has been amazing and we are very appreciative! We have a 4 year old and an 18 month old.
    We have heaps and heaps of shed storage space though. Most of our stuff is out there in boxes. It is amazing the amount of stuff we don't miss, though!
    Last edited by Mrs Molly Coddle; 04-07-2012 at 23:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    BigZ i think you will be fine. It sounds like its rather a decent size for 1.5 bdr. Could you sell DS's double bed and put a single in there so he has room to play etc and have his own space when the bubs come along?
    You can actually take a load bearing wall out but it will need to have a beam there to replace it (either in the ceiling space so you cant see it or as a bulk head).
    Congratulations on the twins!
    Oh sorry There isn't a double bed in there I just know that's what fits coz we put one in there when the mother-in-law came to stay :-) it does feel small in here sometimes coz we have a lot of "stuff" so I think we better get serious about clearing the clutter. I think we will be fine until they need normal beds. It's just be very cozy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in 22m by 3m caravan, that includes a bathroom, kitchen , loungeroom, queen bed, 3 single beds.... Houses are overated!!!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont think you NEED a lot of space, but I have to say that I prefer it! We lived in a cottage before moving to this house, and I love the extra space now!
    We have 3 bedrooms in the house, and will be converting upstairs to a master bed/parents retreat/bathroom in the next few years. We have 1 child, and 1 on the way, and will probably have a 3rd child. (we currently cosleep anyway, but the nursery is set up with DDs big girl bed and change tables/wardrobe, in case she chooses to move when Bellyfruit arrives)
    Our granny flat is only 1.5 bedroom, but can sleep 5 if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is me, DD1, DD2 when she gets here in the next 10 days and my mum (I'm her carer). I rent a small 3 bedroom house which I don't mind except for a couple of things. I'd love a bath in the main bathroom now bub no 2 is almost here, a decent kitchen as ours is old with little storage and better heating. Upside is we have an enormous rumpus room with second toilet and handbasin (I'd never go back to one loo again!!!), a garage and double glazed windows (makes a huge difference her in tassie). Would love an extra bedroom which I will kind off get if mum moves out again. 4 bedroom houses are hard to come by without paying $400 week rent which I can't afford. We have nice landlords who live on other side of country so we will stay. I moved from a tiny cold 2 bed unit that had no storage tiny kitchen just wasn't workable.

Congratulations on your upcoming babies - I have to say I don't envy you your small space but if you think your family can cope stay. The extra clutter one new bub brought drove me insane. Your other option is to save save save and keep an eye on the property market in your preferred area so that if your ideal place comes up you are in a position to say me me me!!! I look all the time I've been in my place for almost 3 years and worry if I move somewhere bigger I'm going o have to move again in 12 months through no fault of my own because it's a rental.

Best of luck