+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    You can make small spaces work if necessary.

We (myself and seven children) are in a tiny 4 bedroom house. The whole house is 7.5m x 9.5m.
    Omg! Hats off to you - I cannot begin to imagine living in such a tiny space with my family of 4, let alone 8!!!!

My open plan lounge/dining is the size of your entire house!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BigZ i think you will be fine. It sounds like its rather a decent size for 1.5 bdr. Could you sell DS's double bed and put a single in there so he has room to play etc and have his own space when the bubs come along?
    You can actually take a load bearing wall out but it will need to have a beam there to replace it (either in the ceiling space so you cant see it or as a bulk head).
    Congratulations on the twins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me, DH & DS and one about to arrive. Our house is 4 bedrooms, lounge room, family room & dining room, bathroom, toilet & full ensuite on a 1200m2 block. It's big enough but not too big. DS is insanely spoiled with stuff from the grandparents. We have a spare queen bed & computer in the spare room. We're considering putting the kids in the same room (Newbie will be in our room for the first 12 months) and having the other bedroom as a playroom. DS has some bigger toys in the family room but I hate toys around the house & would rather contain them.

We recently upsized to this house from a much smaller place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 adults and ds1 2.5yr and ds2 9 month... We have a 2.5 bedroom house. Waaaay too small, but like a pp said, you make it work.

What ticks me off the most is that the house is on piers so it is always freezing!! One day I will have a nice new house, with lots of space and central heating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me, DH, 14 month old DS and one due in Jan. We have 4 bedrooms, ensuite, separate bathroom & toilet, study, open ish kitchen, lounge/playroom, rumpus & dining.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a 3bed townhouse for the 4 of us. Dd1 has her own room and dd2 shares with DH and myself. The 3rd bedroom is for guests. I like it but DH wants to move in the next year. But id rather be squishy (less housework) and have no money stress than move and worry about loan repayments. Plus I love having my babies sleeping near me.

My aunt was in a similar situation. She had a 2bed and was expecting twins. She made one a sleeping room (2 double mattresses on the floor) and the other room was for clothing/storage etc. It was easier for her to bf the babies on one (one on each side) and my uncle had the toddler next to him on another.

I grew up overseas in a one bedroom apt with my mum, dad and brother. So sharing spaces is normal for our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    Personally, I think most people's home are bigger than they *need*.

I read recently that Australia has the biggest home size in the world. Yes, even bigger than America, which I must admit surprised me.

I think smaller homes have tonnes of advantages... cheaper to heat/cool, force you to stay on top of clutter, easy to supervise children.

Having said that, 1.5 bedrooms with 3 very small children might be tricky. I'm sure you won't be the first that's done it though. Do you have access to outdoor spaces? Parks etc?

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    I have to agree! Kinda suprised that so many ppl on here are b!tching that 3-4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and its toooo small??? First world problems!
    I own a 3 bedder townhouse,1 bathroom with extra loo downstairs, garage as a playroom (which was converted) kids have their own rooms
    I go upstairs to shower and change basically.We are in a cul de sac complex with a zillion other kids so we are always outside.Even cleaning my tiny house gets too much sometimes!LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 3 bedroom house, 2 bathrooms, one living, one living/dining. 500 square metre block. DH and I, and a 5 and 3 year old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in a 4 bed, 2 bathroom, lounge, dining, kitchen and family room. We have a massive undercover outdoor entertaining area which we are in the process on doing up to create an indoor/outdoor feel. We are on a 750sq block. There is DH, me, 3 kids and a dog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in a detached 2 bedroom villa with an ensuite and small study that comes off the kitchen/dining area. it's a small house but the bedrooms are huge. The lounge is tiny unfortunately. Our dd (2.5) has her own room and 10 wk old DS now occupies the study. We can't afford a bigger house either so are having to make do. I make room by rotating toys and storing in the garage. I feel like every square inch of this house is used up. So so anxious to get into a larger house!