+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can make small spaces work if necessary.

We (myself and seven children) are in a tiny 4 bedroom house. The whole house is 7.5m x 9.5m.

The three eldest (18yo, 16yo, 13yo) have their own rooms: 2.7m x 3.2m each.
    The next two (11yo, 9yo) share the lounge room, partitioned off by furniture: 4m x 5m.
    The two youngest (5yo, 3yo) share the master bedroom: 3.2m x 3.3m.
    I have the laundry: 1.55m x 2.7m (including the hot water system and laundry tub)
    We also have a dining area 6m x 3m
    And a kitchen (I've forgotten the dimensions).

My father is visiting at the moment, so he is in the master bedroom with the two youngest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sweet seven so what space do u use as your lounge room? im confused.
    and how do u fit your bed in 1.55 wide? or is it a single running longways with a tiny space down side?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    sweet seven so what space do u use as your lounge room? im confused.
    and how do u fit your bed in 1.55 wide? or is it a single running longways with a tiny space down side?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    my understanding is she petitions (sp) off some of the lounge as a bdrm? Sweet seven would love to see pics of your place to see how u make it work!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our house is very big, we have two adults, a 10 month old, a 2 yr old and a 14 yr old (14 yr old only visits every second week for 4 nights). I don't use half the house, it is too big for us.

We have 4 bedrooms, a study and two lounge rooms, two living rooms, a wine cellar, three bathrooms…its big. But i look at my friends with smaller houses and they actually seem more functional and easier to keep an eye on the kids - as long as the kids have somewhere to play and the adults have somewhere to go to get away i think that is really the most important thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies. I don't know why we're going to do I've been thinking about it all day. My heads been swimming with all the things to think about now.

The .5 bedroom is rather small but big enough for one child. I dont know the dimensions but it does fit a double bed and two bedside tables wide and then the length of the bed plus a wardrobe and a small set of drawers long. Our bedroom is kind of large, it fits a king size bed and two large tall boy drawer things either side. DS cot fits in there at the end of the bed with plenty of space to get around. I could probably fit 3 cots at the end of the bed but I wouldn't be able to get into the side of the middle one. We also have a big wardrobe in there which I would probably need to do a good clean out. We store a lot of things in there including Xmas decorations which we have talked about and are considering putting in some storage in the roof for rearly used items like that.

We have a large Laundry, well it seems large to me as I compare it to mums who's is smaller than ours. We used to use it for storage because the shed we have was falling apart.

We have one bathroom with one skin and although it's not huge I don't think it needs to be, it has a shower a bath and a small cupboard. We have 2 linin cupboards, one we use for towels and bedding, games and stuff office stuff the other is full of toys I've collected over the years that DS will be able to use later. There's also a lot of kids books in there as well.

The kitchen would be better if it was a little bigger but it's not horrible. I would like a new oven and stove coz they are really old and I can't use the grill (i miss grilled cheese on toast with those burnt bits of cheese) storage is pretty good but I could probably get ride of a lot of stuff.

We also have a lounge and dining room off the kitchen. I could knock out the wall to make it open plan which would give us heaps more living space but then I don't know where I would put the fridge. Plus I'm not sure if it's a load bearing wall. Maybe I'll get that checked out.

Our living room is a decent size, we have a corner couch that seats 5 adults comfortably or 7 not as comfortably. I can easily keep an eye on DS and he has plenty of room to play.

We can make do but people don't think we can and everyone has said we will have to move now. I think I just need to ignore them and work it out for myself coz we just can't afford to move at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are a family of 6 and live in a 3bed, 1bath house. We bought it knowing that we would have 4 children.

DS3 is still on our room, but he will share a room with his 2 brothers and DD has her own room.

It's nit a huge house, but it's perfect for us

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just built our dream house. 2 levels, 5 bedrooms (or 4 with big study), media room, lounge room, living, dining, 3.5 bathrooms... And it only me and DH (with one baby on the way). I feel it's too big personally (especially when cleaning) but think it will b nice when we have two kids... I am grateful though that we have such a nice house- we know we're fortunate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh forgot to mention we do have a small yard and deck that we'll be able to get some fresh air and sun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Just me, DH & DS (and the dog) at our place.

We have 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one is ensuite off master), study & 2 lounge areas. DS has just moved into his own room, 1 is set up as a guest room and the other is a junk/storage room at present.

Sometimes I feel the house is too big. Especially when DH is away and it's just me and DS. But when we bought it we intended to fill it up with kids...didn't quite go to plan! I figure it will be good when DS is older. Lots of room for him and his mates.

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    9 people. (2 adults and 7 kids)

5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, granny flat, 2 laundrys, massive rec room. Big backyard.

Nope not big enough.