+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We live in a 4 bedroom 1 bathroom house on a massive block. Unfortunately it's not a big house and we are all on top of each other. There is 2 adults, a 15 year old, 5 year old and 2 year old and soon to be newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Small 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom/toilet,1 living area post-war house in Qld. But we a on an 800 square metre block so loads of outdoor space and a massive back deck. There are 4 of us!

However we are in the middle of renovating a 1920s qlder that will be our forever home. It will have 4 bedrooms, study, 3 bathrooms, playroom, media room, 2 living areas and a big back deck on a 900 square meter block

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are 2 adults plus 3 kids. We live in a 4 bed plus study. 2 bathrooms, toy room etc on 780sqm block. The house is about 32sq I think. I couldn't live in anything smaller now I'm afraid! I love the big open rooms and we have space for everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are in a rental it's probably no more than 10years old. Been here almost 4 years. 2 bedrooms plus 'study' but that's big enough for a 3rd bedroom. Currently pregnant with our 2nd and will set up 3rd bedroom for bub's. Big loungeroom which half of it is converted into dd's play space. Open plan kitchen/dining. Massive decking area but no backyard. Ensuite. Big bathroom that can comfortably fit changetable/baby bath ect. Cant afford to move just yet so signing on for another 12 mth lease. The house has it's faults like dodgy carpet, electriccal wiring is dodgy (smoke alarms and light bulbs blow every month), had pipe leaks in walls, ceilling fans ceased up. As we thougt we were moving out , we were recently on a periodic lease where the rent was being increased $15 every 6mths. It was getting out of control for us so we started complaining about stuff and just got new carpet...in one room only though. Weirdly enough the landlord is now installing automatic roller garage doors?!?!..ok what about all the other stuff that needs fixing? argh the life of renting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 adults 2 kids - 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living areas, nearly 1000sq block, could def not do any smaller!!

Honestly I think your mad to consider it - having a baby, let alone twins tests any relationship! Trying to squeeze 5 people in a shoe box house will become extremely testing pretty quickly!

I would do anything in my power to try find better housing now, you could get loans from centrelink that you could pay back with baby bonuses, you can also look to transfer you bond from one property to the next etc etc

There are always options - it will be alot easier to move and settle things before twins are on the scene!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    we have a 3bedroom modest but comfy home. Main bathroom and ensuite. Decent size kitchen, family area and lounge room. Also a little alcove/study thing that will become a play area for when baby is here. Sometimes I think we would like a bigger house but I hate cleaning and really how mcuh room do you need.

We live on 8acres so you can always go outside for a run around and we had an outdoor decking area for messy play for when baby is older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our house is too big for just 3 people..not sure what we were thinking when we bought..5 bedrooms..2 bathrooms..2 kitchens..2 living rooms..3 little study rooms....just under an acre of land..
    Its a 50's house that was extended in the 70's ....love it ..but too big!!

We will be down sizing for sure!!!!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me, DP and DS and one on the way in a small 3 bed flat. It's probably too small for many but it's plenty of room for us. We moved from a 2 bed flat and we would have been fine with 2 kids in there, too. OP I think you will really struggle in a 1.5 with 5 people. I can live in small small spaces and i just don't see how that's do-able sorry. Maybe with older kids but babies take up a ridiculous amount of space for their size!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    We live in a 1.5 bedroom unit and are now expecting twins. I've now told most family and close friends and the first thing everyone says is your going to have to move now... I know we probably should but we can't afford to at the moment. I figure the twins will sleep in our room for 12 months anyway and DS will still have the .5 room. We have plenty of toys so won't need much. It might just take some rearranging but I figure we're stuck here for at least 12 months after they are born.

How big is your house for how many ppl? Do you feel like its to big or to small?
    We are in a 3 bedroom for 4 kids - it is Wayyy too small. I can't wait to move. It is a big house though, has a separate dining room and a rumpus room, plus a granny flat out the back. 1000sqm.

I had to split my twins up after 3 months as one could self settle and the other couldn't, the didn't share a room again until they were one and then they were split up at 2 because they would get into too much mischief.

I agree, twins take up a lot of space, good luck with it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP and I live in a open plan 4 bedroom house with large open family/lounge/kitchen and seperate kids retreat. We have a 2 yo and DP has a 11 yo that we have every second weekend. We are pregnant now so everyone will have their own room. Should we decide to have another (we are undecided at this stage) then someone will have to share a room but I dont have a problem with that- I am one of six and growing up, we had a massive house but some of us had to share naturally and that was ok. I think the most important thing is having your own space however so I think you need to think long and hard about your arrangement. We will have the newborn im with us till 6 months MAX in the bassinette. My ex and I had DS in our room till he was one and it was reallllly hard and draining, and that is only one child! If it is your only option then i understand, but try to exhaust every options of getting a bigger place first if you can!