+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We live in 3 bedroom + study apartment. There are 2 adults and 2 kids. Takes only 2 hours to clean..lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    sweet seven so what space do u use as your lounge room? im confused.
    and how do u fit your bed in 1.55 wide? or is it a single running longways with a tiny space down side?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Sorry I missed your questions the first day I posted.

Re: Lounge room - we dont have one.

The TV (and playstation) is currently in the master bedroom with the two youngest. (We used to use that as the loungeroom and had them in with next two up, but there were problems with them getting into their older sisters things.) I am planning on moving it out into the dining room at some point, but haven't gotten around to it.

There is also a computer in the corner of the dining room that gets used as a TV (watching TV shows from the internet).

--------

As for my room, I have a single loft bed with a desk underneath, and yes a tiny space to move alongside it.

I use loft beds to make it work a lot.

Miss18 has an Odessey (from Harvey Norman). Miss16 has a loft bed with draws at one end and a computer desk at the other, and some empty space underneath. Miss13 got sick of hers, so is now in a captains bed, with four huge draws underneath.

Miss11 has a Paddington loft bed, with built in draws, desk and bookshelf. Miss9 has a Bunkers loft bed that I've put a desk underneath.

Miss5 has a Bunkers loft bed, and Miss3 has a bunkers normal bed underneath in an Lshape. Miss5's draws are under the other half of her bed. The plan is to get the TV out of their room so Miss can have a midheight bunkers loft bed and have her stuff underneath it also. (Miss3's draws are currently forming part of the wall for Miss9 & Miss11's room, but opening out into the dining room not into their room.)

-------------

And I have a table and chairs set up outside for when visitors come over.
    And we are adjacent to a park with BBQs so that is a nice entertaining area we can make use of also.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 06-07-2012 at 14:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just moved into a 6 bedroom place and it takes me FOREVER to clean! I'm thinking of getting a cleaning lady. Compared to our 3 bedroom unit we were in before this it's a massive change.

2 story, 4 bedrooms upstairs, 2 bedrooms downstairs. One bedroom downstairs is a guest bedroom and the other is a playroom.

I have my studio out the back too which I guess could count as a large bedroom but I wouldn't sleep in there it'd be too cold. hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in a 3bed 1bath - that is DP, DS, DD and I. Builts in each room, large living area and kitchen, small dining area, large outdoor entertaining area and small backyard. It's perfect at the moment, and by the time we have anymore babies we will hopefully be homeowners of something bigger!

If you have stuff you could get rid of, what about a garage sale (traditional or online) and then with the proceeds head to Ikea for some funky, inexpensive storage ideas? Or put the extra cash towards an eventual move?

Whatever happens, i'm sure you will make it work. Good luck with your new bambinos x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Currently renting - 5 bedroom, 2 living area, 2 bathroom house on 1 acre
    Moving into the house we bought at the end of the year - currently 8 bedroom, 4 living area, 2 bathroom on 2 acres, although we will be changing it to a 6 bedroom, 5 living area, 3 bathroom house. 2 of those bedrooms and 1 of the bathrooms will be for guests.

That is for 2 adults, 3 children. And a dog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are a family of 2 adults, 3 kids and baby due sep.

We are in a 4 bedroom house with study, rumpus, open plan kitchen/family/dining and formal lounge. Dd1 and dd2 share a room, DS has his own and baby will have its own too (will sleep in our room at first though)..

We also have an outdoor living room (14mx3m) that opens off our rumpus and family rooms and has a lounge suite, tv, bar,fridge, BBQ, outdoor table and open fireplace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    2 adults plus 1 child in a 3 br 1 bath house with courtyard. Hoping to downsize to 2 br but with bigger yard.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's always just been myself, DH and DS, so we either live in 3 or 2 bedroom places. This place is a 2 bedroom little house, 1 bathroom, kitchen, dining area and lounge room. We have to move into a 3 or 4 bedroom soon now that DD is on her way. Plus I like having a spare room anyway and nice sized backyard for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (1 is just a dedicated toilet and vanity room), attic space upstairs with door access from the hallway kind of hard to explain (half goes into dd2 room and has been turned into a cubby space for the kids to play in), cellar, dining room, kitchen, family room, deck area is a out door living area and finally the study.

Lots of rooms and lots of cleaning. But makes great for hide and seek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you just make do with the space you have (and can afford)
    Many families don't have the luxury of living in multi acre properties with 6 bedrooms...particularly those that live in cities due to work commitments.
    I had my first two in a small house in central London ( probably about 1/8th of the size of my current home) and we managed ....
    OP the last thing you want to do right now is upsize your home and struggle financially....life is far too short for that!
    Besides... Big house = big cleaning job!!!! Yuck ! Lol