+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ZewZew, how are you feeling today?

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, call the police for sure, the council will have record of who it was. Don't feel bad for not intervening, he sounds like a scary man and he was armed, you did the right thing to protect your own kids and mother

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good you kept on walking if you had your own child to protect. The council should know who was working there, unless he just grabbed the bar while chasing the boy?

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what I would of done. I would of called the police and got what details I could but I think I would be finding it hard not to go over there. If DP was with me he would of been over there in two seconds flat and probably would of taken the fellow down, or at least tried.

See if you can see the car around again or any details for the fellow and report what you saw and heard to the police. As others have said maybe speak to the council. I know you didn't see the act but you saw the lead up to the act and that may be enough to save the child from any potential harm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm ok today, but I can't get that image out of my head. I'm going to drive past after work today and see if he is there again and get details and call the council. Something that's worse is he had a work mate with him who saw then went back to work. The problem with calling the police is that I didn't actually SEE the man hurt the child, he only threaten to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you did the right thing by not going over there. That would have proved nothing except possibly putting you, you Mum & Bubba in danger. Maybe drive past today and see if his car is still sitting there and if so get the rego and report. He may have prior evictions so it may just be that one phone call that gets that poor kid out of there. That is so discusting and for the kid to fall to the ground shows its not new to him Gosh I feel terrible when my toddler knows she going to get a smack on the bum and holds her bum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with the others - you did the right thing walking away when you had your own child with you. I'd definately go back and try to get more details or call the council as suggested. If he's willing to act like that in public imagine what is going on behind closed doors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh thats shocking poor little kid.

I would have had a burning desire to say something but for fear of my own safety and esp if DD was with me i would have walked off and called the cops.

What an awful situation, id be so distressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering how you know it was his son?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Just wondering how you know it was his son?
    I don't, but he called the kids name an the child knew who he was. I just assumed it was his son. Could have been a nephew or friends kid I guess.