+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we have an answering machine, and screen all our calls. Cost $50 and we never have telemarketers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last time i said straight out 'no my computer isnt send u messages ' and he argued with me

'Yea it is' 'no its not' 'i KNOW this is a scam' 'oh really, how do u know?' 'I have a degree in i.t and the police put a warning in the paper'
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They are driving me nuts ATM these scammers ringing about my computer downloading viruses.

I have told them I have a Mac, told them its illegal, told them I will be reporting them and they still ring back. I even asked how it could be downloading viruses when it's been unplugged for past three months due to renovations he wanted me to plug it all in while he was on the phone.( this is true ), we have been using our iphones

I even had the same guy ring two days in a row. Boy did he get a mouth full.

I'm now not answering my house phone majority of the time..

I am on the DNCR too but it's only for Australia, I wonder how they get my home number as I only ever use my mobile as my contact on paperwork or online.

I might have to look into screening..So frustrating, I am so tempted to get there phone number and hand it over to the authorities if it's able to be done.

I'm also getting lots of calls where the line seems to be dead and then there is an automated voice saying 'goodbye' ,would this be them too?

The last one who rang yesterday, wasn't able to get anything out before I yelled 'Stop calling me or I will report you!' they hung up.

I like the whistle idea too and handing the phone over to your kids but I don't have any to do this.

Or maybe I just thought I could answer the phone realize its them ask them a question put the phone down and walk off- it would keep them tied up for awhile. They waste my day so I might waste theirs.

Grrr can you tell I'm p.i.s.s.e.d off??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just say "hello? Hello?!" and pretend I can't hear them. They hang up pretty quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had our number put on the do not call register. Works a treat. On more overseas calls. It takes approx 30 days to be completely effective. The only thing is if you have donated to for eg. RSPCA, PCYC, rural fire brigade, you will still get them as they keep your details from when you donated.

Or you can talk dirty sexy talk and they hang up pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just put the phone down on the bench while I keep doing what I am doing. Couple of minutes later I pick it up and they are gone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Havent had any for awhile but these days i keep them on the phone as long as possible. I would rather keep them on the phone so its one less person they can scam because of the amount of time they call.

If i ask for a call back number, it goes to another office of theirs or something so they can continue as i googled the number to see where it went exactly. They can never give me a local or freecall number due to the fact they are scamming even though i try and push for it as mich as possible with even asking to speak to managers.

They say they are always in melbourne but they are overseas. I always ask what the weather is like, favourite foods, drinks etc but they always try and tale the convo back to the 'infected' computer.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub