+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I get one of my kids to talk to them. My 11 year old told the last lot that his dad was a detective, his number traced and to listen for a knock at his door. The a$$hole hung up pretty fast.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roopee For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (04-07-2012),MissMuppet  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 5 year old answers our home phone, so eventually they hang up on him, it's hilarious to listen to from my end. He keeps asking them questions and repeats back what they've just said, because he can never understand what they're on about.

I'm on the Do Not Call Register, but scammers still seem to call. I don't get so many now that DS answers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Keep a whistle next to the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or sometimes I ask them to give me their credit card details so I can help them. They get really confused pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine pretended to have an "o" moment when on the phone she's an amazing actress and they hung up pretty quickly!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Keep a whistle next to the phone.
    I've heard of people doing that, very good idea!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pop them on the phone with your toddlers ds LOVES telemarketers, we rarely have the same one call twice

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Caller id here too, we're on dncr but I screen calls. We have family overseas but if I don't answer, they leave a message and I call them back.

But geez aargh just frickin leave me alone in my own home!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagari View Post
    Tell them you have a Mac. Worked for me
    Didn't work for me. Neither did asking which computer had the problem, nor telling them I'm not stupid and know its a scam so stop ringing me. I now just don't answer the phone at all during the day. We have caller ID, so if I am up I look first, but if I am feeding DD, I don't bother getting up. So sick of the scammers.

And the DNC doesn't work for OS calls. That's why a lot of places are moving their stuff OS. My phone is for me, not for scammers, telemarketers or other such people wasting my time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told the last guy to get a real job and reported them to Microsoft - I had caller ID which was helpful. Wasnt an overseas number either! They were pretending to be from Microsoft to tell me I had viruses on my computer. Big scam apparently!