+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf prices in bris with no insurance

Hi ladies, just after some help as its all a bit overwhelming, we are moving on to Ivf and the pricing and amounts your out of pocket are confusing me, just wondering what the upfront cost are, how much u got back
    im with wazza at qfg I Also have insurance
    thanks heap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi tantom!

Welcome

I dont have exact figures but....

Ivf icsi cycle $9700 to clinic
    $220 to Dr for cycle
    $250 private health excess payable at egg pick up
    $400 anesth for egg pick up

I recieved about $5800 ish back from medicare.

I am not sure what the costs from day surgery would be without insurance.

Have you had the initial appt with the nurses at QFG? They had great info re costs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u, We have our appointment on Wednesday with the nurse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tantom,
    I'm was with wazza too and he's absolutely fantastic. We got pregnant (fingers crossed for nothing going wrong) with him first go, and this was after almost 2 years with other fertility docs.

In terms of his cost:

Global IVF round: 7060, received back 4634 from medicare
    Day surgery (for egg pickup and embryo transfer): 1239. Nothing back from medicare + my private health insurance didn't cover it.
    Anesthetic fees: 450. Not sure how much I get back as i haven't received medicare payment yet.
    Medication: Around $100 for all the meds wazza wanted me on, which was quite a bit of meds (progynova, relovera, prednisone etc etc) which wasn't covered by the global cycle.
    Doctor's cycle fee: around 200 i think, and i got most of it back. sorry didn't record that information.

I would also budget for in the happy event that you do fall pregnant, that wazza would want you to stay on the medication that you started the cycle with. So that's all the meds that weren't covered by the cycle anyways and he'd want you to take them up to week 11, and you'd also have to start paying for more pessaries/crinone (they give you that for free as part of the global cycle, but after you've used up the initial amount, you have to pay for more). I think i've spent an extra $300-$400 on medications after i got the bfp.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u all so much I don't feel quite as dumb now, I rang the clinic at springwood and spoke to a nurse and was told that because I have a higher bmi they would help me get it down which I'm already doing then I told her I had a low AMH level, then was told they wouldn't be able to help me because of that, so we are saving like crazy, congrats on your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering what the difference between ivf and icsi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Icsi is the procedure where they inject the sperm into the egg... All part of ivf process but an additional step if you have issues with sperm

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, apparently wazza likes to do both ivf and icsi on ur first round to help the chances