+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    MM I bawled my eyes out after dropping hubby and the kiss and fly section at the airport and he is only gone 2 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    See 2 weeks without DH is easy for me, those short trips don't faze me at all, but once it goes longer than 4 weeks i just fall apart.

I actually don't find the housework easier at all I used to but now it is harder, i think because the main cause of the mess is the kids and without someone else to occupy them while i clean they just mess up everything faster than i can fix it. I pretty much give up now and just do the minimum needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to find it easier to clean and control things while DH was away, because there was one less person to clean for, but also because when he comes home, I don't exactly feel like running around mopping and sweeping and everything - I want to spend time with him and do family activities and everything. Plus I always expect that he'll help out more than he does, so I can rest. Never works out, so when he leaves the kids and I do a big clean, and then it's easily managed from there.
    Except now, with my huge belly things are getting neglected and I don't care! Was actually thinking of hiring a housecleaner, at least for a few weeks... but I'm strange and I'd be embarrassed for someone to see the mess, so I'd clean before they got here!
    DD2's birthday next week, and DH is not home for it. He missed DD1's birthday this year as well, and his own. It's unfortunate, but it's one of the sacrifices of FIFO families I guess. He always tries to call/skype them and we get them a special present just from daddy as well. I am just really hoping that bub stays put until he gets home, as missing the birth of a child is a lot harder than missing a birthday. DH is very afraid of it happening. I am too, obviously - do not want to labour alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, another crasher here. Very new to this forum, but DF has been FIFO for the past 2 years. He is on 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off roster, and when he is at sea only in contact via email. I have 2 DDs, one is 3 and one is very close to 12 months. It gets easier every time DF goes away, as DD1 doesn't cry and fret as much, I think she understands he is coming home.

It's very nice to get to know others who are in the same position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the same! Dh is doing a 10:6 at the moment and I swear as soon as he leaves something happens! Last swing it was me being sick and bed ridden for a week so I had to go stay at mums to get help with dd. it's nice to have a place to vent with people who understand. He's home at the moment and i swear as soon as he walks in its like a revolving door of mess. I think because when I'm on my own I keep on top of everything because I have to do it myself but when he's here I just want to sit down for a change!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I swear it takes a week when he comes home to get used to having him home again, getting used to clutter around the house, and getting used to sharing the bed again! But I am lucky that when he is home he doesn't have to work so we get plenty of family time.