+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think being sick when they are away id the absolute worst - this is when i really, really struggle. It is just exhausting in so many ways.
    I have morning sickness, which is hard, but at least my kids have been healthy. I know once Kindy starts back up DD1 will be bringing home plenty of bugs though *sigh*
    And i still have around 90 days until DH comes home

It is nice to talk to other people in similar positions, it helps to know i'm not the only one doing this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I manage no doubts about that and it's not always going to be 4 wks at a time gonna be so much easier after this with the 8:6.

Was just wondering you all don't have to answer if u don't want to - do you and your partners have issues between one another with them working away? Me and my Dh usually get along really well but theres been a few times its all got too much with him away for so long and we've had huge fights and arguments last time he came home I was in tears the whole time cause he was such an *** then he went away for 4 weeks and left It all like that. now I'm worry how this time is going to be when he comes home next week I'm so so mad at him still from last time...

Is it normal to have problems like this being away from one another? Seriously I could have killed him I was so hurt and mad...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nat11 View Post
    Oh yeah being sick is the absolute worst! I hope you atart feeling better soon!

DS has been in and out of hospital recently with unexplained 40 degree fevers and a heart murmur. It's driving me nuts. One more appointment this week and then hopefully we will get the all clear. Of course it's just in time for DH to come home. We're TTC and I just can't imagine what you ladies who are pregnant are going through. I'm exhausted enough without morning sickness, SPD or whatever else! It's making me have a second thought about it all considering my first few pregnancies haven't gone too well.
    OMG! So sorry to hear about your DS!!! That is horrible! And to have to deal with that on your own... My god... I do hope he gets well and fit soon thinking of you guys! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nat11 View Post
    Thanks. He's ok. We expected some hiccups being a premmie so the heart thing and the mystery virus is just one of them.

It's hopefully the last checkup tomorrow and I don't have to do it alone! DH surprised me by coming home a week early tonight. I cried! I just couldn't believe my eyes! So so happy right now!
    Ohhh that I so wonderful! Good on him! You enjoy your time with DH home!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dannii83 View Post
    Oh wow! How long has he been with the army nat? How often does he usually get home I'm guessing not very often!

Gee I really should not complain about FIFO, I don't think I'd ever cope if DH was with the army!

Do you have any help while he's away?
    Sorry to crash. My DH was in the Army and since left and is FIFO.

My experience with the Army life was horrid. DH barely saw DD the first year she was born (Family first organisation, my ar$e!). But it's what I knew and all I knew at the time (my dad was also in the Army).

I enjoy the FIFO life much better though. I see DH much more and when out son is born, DH will see more of him than he did with DD (2 on, 2 off)!

I guess it's just what you know and are used to. I miss him like you wouldn't believe, but it still trumps the Army any day.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone my hubby FIFOs on a 2:2 roster he just left on Tuesday and tomorrow is his birthday! I'm planning on doing a video call tomorrow morning to him with all of us singing happy birthday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Another exhausted pregnant mummy here, Dh does 5 weeks on, 5 weeks off. It's not the worst roster, as the 5 weeks home is wonderful as he gets to spend a lot of time with the kids and me, but he's out at sea so often doesn't have coms for a weeks or two at a time.
    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that all the terrible things happen while DH/DP is away? It seems like everytime he leaves, me and the girls get sick. And the day after he leaves, we get a letter in the mail about a property inspection so I have to clean the place myself with my big pregnant belly and a sick 2 and 5 year old! Murphy's law I guess.
    Poor DH is very worried right now also, as DD2 has a huge skin rash, possibly due to allergies. I was put into hospital because my PE symptoms have started, and looks like baby might try to/have to come early. He really wants to come home to help out, so then I feel bad about telling him these things, but he gets mad when I don't tell him about them.
    Ah, the FIFO life is fun. Sorry about my long post/rant/vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg yes!!

I swear the day he leaves something will always go wrong!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DH has been gone 4 weeks, with 9 weeks left until he comes home
    I have sort of got into a routine now, which makes it easier but when i think about how much longer we have left apart i feel very overwhelmed. It sucks.
    And yes, things always go wrong just after DH leaves.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep same here! Though I have been very lucky the last 2 swings as we have had nothing I have a rent inspection on Tuesday too!

I'm struggling at the moment with the bed time routine. The boys (3&4) need me to put them to bed and I have to stay with them until mr 3 is asleep but DD (1) is wide awake in party mode though tonight she was asleep and the boys where being hyper and I was struggling to keep my cool because I was afraid they would wake her!

Does anyone find housework easier to keep on top of when hubby is away?