+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Another 3*car seat question - Hyundai i30 wagon -URGENT ADVISE :-(

I am really so tired of thinking about this and need answers!!!
    I have to get a car. I want a new model with lots of safety features including all the air bags

thought i'd picked hyundai i30 wagon... Babyseat fitter says... cant get 3 across. People on here have got 3 across, so now i dont understand

I will have a 5 yo in a booster (5 point inbuilt harness), a 4 yo in a booster(5 point inbuilt harness), and a new baby in a rear facing seat that will go forward facing at 1yo or whenever they go forwards

I want this car to last me at least 4 years... so 5 year old will be 8/9, 4 yo will be 7/8 and new baby 3 ish (ages are a little out of wack as third baby not even conceived)

Is the I30 a good choice! I've found an i30 with the features i want in my price range... I cant get the seats professionally fitted til next friday (week and a half away) and the car will probably be sold by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I can fit 3 seats in the hatchback. They are a tight fit though... as in it's a PITA to squeeze your hand down between 2 to undo seatbealts.
    You're going to need small/narrow seats to make it work.

Personally i would steer clear of the i30's unless you want to spend every second week at Hyundai have warranty issues fixed or not having your car for upto a couple of a months at a time when something huge goes mechanically wrong and Hyundai have no idea how to fix it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could try the next model up, the Hyundai IX35. There you should be able to fit 3 car seats across the back. Might still be a bit tight but should be more spacious than the I30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmm... gosh i dont know what to think or buy... wish my old car could just get a facelift!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any one else

Any more opinions on three kidlet cars!

So sorry for posting boring irritating posts...

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not boring. But I can't help as we don't have car seats anymore.

Do you know how wide you need it to be? Like your current car maybe but no narrower? Then look at the specs and rule out anything narrower? Obviously it would vary with door widths and seat shapes etc but you might be able to rule out anything that it too narrow for sure.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE our new Mazda 3 Hatch and it's actually not as small as it looks from the outside. I looked at it from the outside and thought no way its too small but once I opened the doors and sat in it seemed bigger. Boot is a pretty good size too. I looked at the sedan too and actually laughed at how big the sedan boot is as it's so big. I liked the shape of the Hatch better though. Myself, DH and my mum sat in the back seat and felt it was pretty good and the girls think it's comfortable but I'm guessing it would probably be too small for 3 car seats. But couldn't say for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my friend has 3 across the back (2 maxi riders and a capsule) of her 130 wagon. they fit but they are a tight fit. her children are all in the 5 point harness still tho as she would have trouble putting a normal seatbelt on without one of those extension bits that would make it easier to reach between seats. can you take the car for a test drive and maybe stop in at a baby shop to see if 3 seats will fit in it? (take your seats and borrow a capsule/baby seat) to see if they would fit.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check out this website, it might help

http://www.mynrma.com.au/motoring/re...ting-guide.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    The car fitting man (babyonboard) guy seems to think that website is crap and not useful. i dont understand why though... it says you can get three across. Does it get easier or harder to fit them in

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a mitsubishi outlander and recently had to help a friend out. I was able to fit two go safe baby seats and a booster across the back. Not sure of the brand for the booster but all seats were quite wide and it was a tight squeeze but all fit fine.