+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nat84u View Post
    I also melted chocolate and put it in nappies and you had to guess what chocolate it was (I've also used baby food in them as well!). That's also a favourite.
    My friend who organized my baby shower did this game. I loved it!

Word of advice though, I went to a baby shower a few months ago and they had the same game. They microwaved the nappies WITH the chocolate on instead of just the chocolate in a microwave safe container then smear it on to the nappy. The toxic smell from the nappy was almost unbearable!

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby pictionary
    Design a singlet / bib
    Baby quiz - general baby questions and ones personal to the parents to be
    Guess the belly size
    Guess the baby - get guests to bring a photo of themselves as a baby and put them all up on a board, getting everyone to match the guest with their photo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my baby shower everyone had to bring a photo of themselves as a baby. They were all given to the organiser and then put up on a big board and you had to guess who each of the photos was. The one who guessed the most correct, won! It was lots of fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to one that had baby clothes hanging on a washing line. You had to bath, dress and swaddle your baby (doll) first to finish won.
    We did the peg one aswell,the words we couldn't use we're baby, bub, bubby basically anything close to baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to a party ages ago where you had to fold a nappy and pin it on doll and the the winner was based on time and neatest. Btw this was a work baby shower and my profession at the time was in childcare lol so it was very competitive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to a baby shower recently where we had to look through baby magazines and cut out bits and pieces (i.e. different body parts, clothing, other props, etc) to stick together to "make" a baby! We had to style it to look like what we thought the new baby would look like. Lots of fun and some very silly results. The mother to be chose the best one and winners won a prize.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing! Having a Baby Q in October and would love some ideas, thanks ladies

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The last shower I threw was more quizzes or paper games than anything. Like the nursery rhyme one already mentioned or a list of clues for baby names, guess the celebrity baby names etc etc.

Another great one that gets competitive is the shape-o race. Get a Tupperware shape-o ball and time everyone to see how quickly they can get the shapes all back in. If its a huge party, split everyone into teams and do a relay instead of an individual race.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My baby shower was a couple of months ago- it was a surprise so I had nothing to do with the games but my awesome SIL organised some fun stuff for everyone.
    One of the games were "Match the celeb baby/mother"- she made a big poster which had cut out pics from mags of celeb babies and also the actual celeb mother, but all were seperate (the poster was just for a reference). We were given sheets with all of names on it (baby names in one column, celeb mums in the other, not matching) and we needed to number them/match them. (eg: baby Harper= Posh spice. baby Suri= Katie Holmes etc etc) was fun! The wnner won prize; she bought prizes such as bed socks, hand creams, cute note books, boxes of chocs.
    Another game was guess the number of choccies in the baby bottle- a big, over sized novelty baby bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing!!! These ideas are fantastic!!