+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg donor in Thailand or Vietnam experiences

Last edited by Lozby; 06-04-2016 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did; thanks, Lozby. I looked at New Life, Guarev with Bangkok Surrogacy (never replied), and Miracle Baby. Both New Life and Miracle Baby were very responsive but it came down to the donor and the English fluency of the staff. We really liked the donor with Cathie's agency and was willing to wait till Nov for the donor even though I truly wanted to start in Aug. And Cathie's staff had perfect written English compared to all the staff at the other agencies. Not to be petty on it but it was a struggle for me to understand Jean's backup and it caused quite a lot of confusion so it was important for me to be able to understand. All my body parts are crossed that our donor won't back out at the last minute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Everyone,

To update you, I ended up asking my Thai agent to intervene and wished I had done so from the beginning. It was my fault for thinking I might find a better donor on my own which resulted in me going to Cathy and then locking myself in with a donor that I couldn't screen. I still had to go through Worldwide IVF because I booked my donor through Cathy. If I had spoken to my agent earlier she could have accessed the donor on her own and helped to screen her. I met with Dr Titikorn and Dr Visuth did my transfer as Dr T was away. Both seemed very capable and lovely. My donor yielded a great number of eggs and we fertilized over 16 but by day 5 only resulted in 3 good embryos. Obviously this was quite a surprise and quite disappointing and no one will ever know why the success was so low. We transferred 1 but no luck. Blood tests indicate that it didn't even take.
    I have had a lot of experience with clinics and Drs in Thailand through accompanying my friend on 2 transfers and my own experiences x3 transfers. Ultimately I have come to conclude that no matter how good your dr or your donor etc might be, much of it is down to chance. Unfortunately I have yet to have success but can really fault no one or no one thing that has been cause to this. My agent has been invaluable and would recommend her highly but I think Cathy does not have the attention to detail and empathy towards the clients emotional needs but it's only my experience. Good luck to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'me SO sorry to hear about the low embryo maturity numbers and unsuccessful transfer, SlyChiq! It's heart breaking to hear.
    Did you go through Worldwide IVF because of Cathie or was Worldwide IVF the agent you wished you had gone with only? Who's the agent that you really like? Sorry, I didn't quite understand who it was. Despite my follow-up with Cathie yesyerday, I still haven't received the donor reservation fee invoice so I'd like to chat with your agent if that's alright. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lozby - I tried replying to your private message but I'm not sure if it worked, since I'm new to this forum so in case it didn't work, I hope you don't mind that I put it here.
    Oh, Lozby, that's absolutely fantastic!!! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you!
    Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience and reassure me about Cathie! I really appreciate it. Makes me feel better that she was doing something good rather than just ignoring emails. :-) It also makes me feel better that she took the time to visit couples in the clinic.
    When you were researching agencies/clinics, may I ask why you ended up selecting Cathie instead of another? Hearing your testimonial reassures me to stick with her but I was just curious.
    So when will you fly home? What are you going to name your daughter? :-) Will you save your remaining emmbies for a second child?
    You ROCK, Lozby! Take care!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I'm a newbie on here from New Zealand. I'm in the first stages of starting my de ivf journey. Thanks for sharing all your info and experiences.

I'm 43 TTC for 3 years. Went to a fertility clinic in NZ last year, who took my money for Clom cycles and didn't do any test or investigations into my infertility. I put my faith in the medical profession and wasted a year TTC. I went to another clinic in May my AMH is too low, so need to go down the donor route.

I'm looking at overseas clinics either Thailand or europe. The more I read the more confused I am. The distance/time/expense to europe make Thailand more practical but am still undecided.
    The way I read it in Thailand, I need to get an agent to arrange an egg donor and the clinic is separte. Do any of the clinics have co-ordinators to guide you through this process? Is it possible to complete the process in one trip?

As side note, I went for an unsecessful HSG test yestday and left $800 lighter. They couln't get the catheter passed the cervix, so a worry for IVF. Has anyone else had an expereince like this. I haven't been able to get any feedback or info from my fert clinic here about what this means.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg donor in Thailand or Vietnam experiences

Last edited by Lozby; 06-04-2016 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Many thanks for that Lozby,

Still weighing up the pro's and cons - Thailand vs Europe, hard decision.
    So much to read and consider!

Catheter problem apprarently common, need to have cervix dilation. No wonder little swimmers have a problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you don't mind a quick reply.
    Hi Macy- yes I had have the same problem with them being unable to insert the catheter as I had scar tissue on my cervix from laser treatment of abnormal cells.
    The first HSG was abandoned as they needed a small sized catheter which they did not have at the time. The 2nd time they got in this thin cathether so with a bit of discomfort it worked. I would ask what size catheter you had and check if this is their thinnest size. Really push on this.
    In regards to where to cycle. It will probably come down to costs and convenience. It may involve returning so keep this in mind. Costs of flights, accom etc.
    You can get Caucasian donors if that's what you are requiring from Thailand but you will need to find out the costs. New Life has their own Caucasian donors and then you can go with other agencies - Cathy Sanchez who I believe use a 3rd party arrangement with a company called 'travelling donors'.
    Start with a comparison chart listing all costs. Find out each costs for FET. This varies from agents to agents and clinics direct. Also find out each costs for freezing embryos. Good luck with your journey. And think if the wonderful holiday you will have where ever you decide

Thanks
    Reviews
    Many thanks for that petsgalore. That makes sense re the catheter size. I was told to expect discomfort and really didn't feel a thing, so hopefully a bit more force and a smaller. Otherwise I'm on the waiting list for a laparoscopy, so more delay. Very frustrating.